Monday, January 24, 2011

Feels Like Spring

Here's another layered-up outfit using my maxi dress. This outfit was wonderfully soft and cozy, although I have to say I'm looking forward to when I can wear this dress without tights underneath, because the dress does tend to get hung up on the tights as I walk.

You can tell how dark and gloomy it was by looking at the light coming in at the window. Since this picture was taken it has warmed up considerably; in fact, it really feels like spring now. The trees are all getting leaves already and a few of my flowering plants are even starting to bloom, and the daytime temperatures have been in the 70's. Amazing what a difference a mere week can make.

Shirts, scarf: H&M
Dress: Forever 21
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Boots: Timberland Boot Co.
   

13 comments:

WendyB said...

Ugh, it's in the 20s here.

Miss B said...

The dreaded tights vs knit dress/skirt problem. If you ever find a fix for it let me know.

Aside from that, love it. I really love what the scarf brings to the outfit. And it's not milk and cookies.

Cynthia said...

That's what long silk knit slips are for. I'm always wearing a silk slip between my tights and any knit skirt or dress. Doesn't add much weight and keeps static down.

A-C said...

I'm jealous of your weather! Its cold here and seems to only be getting colder. On an outfit note, how is it that you find the most perfect ways to layer items and make them all work in an outfit?

Marie said...

I love it! I'm a big fan of red, black and white, plus the short sleeve over long sleeve look.

I have the same problem when I wear tights with a couple curduroy skirts I have, even though I wear a slip that's almost the same length. I just don't know how to keep it from bunching up awkwardly.

Gracey said...

I love this look on you, Audi. I've actually loved each way you've styled this dress, but I might have to copy this one.

Gracey

Kristina said...

I love how you styled your maxi skirt. It looks just incredible on you!
Kristina J.

Between Laundry Days said...

Yeah, it's freezing here, too. I love the winterized maxi dress look.

s. said...

Did you see this? It made me think of you and many of your stylish, witty, science-babe readers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0

ReaderRita said...

Leaves? Trees have leaves? I don't remember...*sigh*

Cel said...

That red scarf is a great pop of colour! I wish we had leaves growing on the trees... It's still very much winter here in Canada. Dresses snagging on tights is going to be my lot for many more months.

Charlotte said...

This is my favorite way you've worn the maxi dress so far. The stripes aren't overwhelming, but make a great statement.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Ooh, definitely looking to take inspiration from you on this one. I love the layers.