Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Skirt



Mark got me this skirt for Christmas; isn't it fabulous? I'd been stalking it for quite some time on the Anthropologie website, so I didn't realize how much cuter it is in person. The navy and white stripes are much more obvious in person than they looked online, and the fabric has a soft, almost flannel-like texture. The draping and ruffles are such fun details to find on a pencil skirt, too; I thought the softness of the skirt made a nice contrast to the structural, geometric detailing on the jacket, even though color-wise the two pieces match perfectly. Together they almost have the look of a suit, but are so much more interesting than one.


Jacket: vintage (from a shop in Paris)
Skirt: Eva Franco
Hat: ADS Hats
Shoes: BCBGirls

12 comments:

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

This is gorgeous. I love how retro your look is and that skirt is wonderful. Mark is definitely a good catch if he treats you like that.

Sheila said...

I love this retro look - you need a little pair or red or white gloves!

What a gorgeous skirt! I am muchly in love with it.

Miss B said...

What a nice guy, that skirt is just right with the top. And the fect that it's soft is a huge plus.

http://missingfromacademia.blogspot.com/

Amber Lena said...

That skirt is to die for! I love your style.

www.fashionbargainista.com

Erin said...

This skirt is FABULOUS. No doubt about it! I want to pet it, it looks so soft.

Kasmira said...

Totally worth stalking and so YOU!

Jane W. said...

The whole look is stunning, from the tips of your piped toes to that hat.

A-C said...

that is so awesome he got it for you! I love the detail on the side, so cool.

dailyflair said...

I am completely, astoundingly, jaw-droppingly amazed at your fashion sense. You are my new hero! If there was any chance of that jacket fitting me, I would rip it off you... instead, I shall just admire you! You have an amazing ability to pair totally unexpected pieces, which are in themselves fabulous enough, to create something even MORE fabulous -- this is a great example!

ReaderRita said...

That outfit is so interesting! I love things that have a retro vibe, which it does, and are intricate yet not fussy, which it is! A very wonderful pairing- and the pick up of the piping from top to shoes is just fabulous- perfect!
And it's the first showing of the red hair since the wedding- yes? Marvelous color for winter!

heidiluxe said...

i just spent a lot of time perusing your blog. you are something else! i love your retro meets everyday meets incredibly chic kind of look. my new hero.

Between Laundry Days said...

Eep! These pieces go together oh-so-perfectly. You look one part spy, one part 40s ingénue.