Monday, January 10, 2011

Casual Outfit Catch-Up

Dress: Skunkfunk...  Belt: Audra Jean...  Tights: Sock Dreams...  Boots: Bata

I have several outfits from the end of December that I'm still trying to get caught up on posting, so I figured I'd group a few of the more casual ones together in one post. You can tell these are older because my hair was still blond; if you look at the photos from when Mark and I got married, you'll see that I've gone back to red since then.

Cardigan: thrifted...  Dress: local boutique Ruby...  Socks: handmade in Latvia...  Boots: Bata

This outfit is similar to something I put together over the weekend for thrift shopping. It's the perfect outfit for such an activity, because the short dress over leggings allowed me to try on skirts right in the aisle rather than having to wait for a changing room. The dress is also thin enough that I can try on tops right over it. And a lightweight cardigan is much easier to deal with than a coat when I'm wandering the aisles carrying an armload of clothes.

Top and scarf: Forever 21... Cardigan: thrifted...  Jeans: Joe's...  Boots: Bronx

This outfit isn't too exciting except for the double sequin action of the top and the scarf. I never would have paired two sequined pieces together had it not been for the fact that the items are distinctly different colors, and the sequins are different sizes -- the top has the regular size and those on the scarf are the tiny ones.

13 comments:

fashionoverfifty said...

I love, among other things, the stockings showing above the boots--its adds so much, no?

Miss B said...

Your third outfit I love. The neutral tones with the little sequins are very nice. And I might kill for your Bronx boots...but don't worry, I'll just save up my money instead.

http://missingfromacademia.blogspot.com/

Allie said...

You are proof that argle doesn't have to be worn only by preps. You make argyle sexy - I LOVE the tights!

Bald Belle said...

Love the tights and the double sequins! Reading your blog has made me feel more comfortable with some of my own fashion choices. Very glad that you went back to red, I love the color on you!

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

great looks!!

Cel said...

Is that a tattoo of a snake I see?! Oh please post some photos of your tattoo! :)

Sal said...

I have the same requirements of thrift-shopping outfits. So important to be able to try on sans dressing room!

Fawn said...

I keep looking for short dresses to wear as tunics, but being short myself has been a problem. Stuff that would be mid-thigh on a taller woman comes down to my knees.

I love the sequins!

Fiction and Flair said...

I absolutely love the dueling sequins - it definitely works! The whole outfit is adorable!
Erin

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I love the first look - you look amazing in red - and the double sequins is genius.

KC said...

Wow, your style is fabulous! I love all of your looks, and I think I'm going to try to put together the second outfit in this post using what I already have from my closet. Thanks for the inspiration!

KC
me-myself-and-style.blogspot.com

Womens Clothings said...

Interesting to read this great article indeed because I have known many great and new things from you. Thanks a lot one more time. Hope that you will keep updating us in the same way with some more stuff. Keep it up. http://www.superlooks.com/

SEO California said...

It appears like your site ate my first comment so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.