Monday, January 17, 2011

An Abundance of Leather

In my continued effort to make use of all my warmest items before the winter is over, I pulled out this dense, boiled wool tunic and paired it with my leather pants. And oh man, was it comfy and warm. These pants started out pretty tight when I first bought them, but after a few wears they've broken in to a nice, relaxed fit. I'd definitely recommend buying leather pants a bit on the snug side if you're thinking of adding any to your wardrobe.

It did feel a little weird to have my legs encased in such an abundance of leather; I mean, tall leather boots over a layer of leather pants? It felt a bit extravagant, but I got over it.

Shirt: J. Crew
Scarf: Forever 21
Tunic: Promod
Pants: Firetrap
Boots: Bata

12 comments:

Eyeliah said...

I am all for abundance.

A-C said...

I love these pants! That they're not the standard black makes them just *that* much cooler. Same with the tunic. Awesomeness.

Diana said...

Amazing outfit! I love that tunic.

JC said...

All of these pieces work beautifully together!

Mrsmandymoo said...

Hi Audi, Im a newish blogger and have really had lots of inspiration from you and a couple of other fashion bloggers to enjoy clothing again. I was a clothes mad little girl who stopped wearing pretty things to 'fit in' as a teen. I finally realised 20 years later I missed it terribly!
you help me spread my wings in a fashion sense, for that, I thank you :)

Franca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Franca said...

Right, let's try again with that comment, I posted too early.

I really really love the leather trousers, esp. in that colour. They look so good on you and almost make me want to search out some for myself.

Kasmira said...

Fabulous! You rock the leather pants. And that tunic is adorable, too.

Becky said...

Wow, amazing! I love that tunic - it's so simple and adorable! Plotting to make a wool dress now ...

Fawn said...

I love the tunic! I have a wool allergy -- anything more than 50% wool makes me itch, even the softest merino wool -- but that tunic doesn't touch bare skin anywhere, does it? Which makes me think maybe I can wear a few wool things after all, as long as I'm careful about how they're cut...

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

How strange. Just popped over to your blog to catch up and see you're wearing your tunic. And I wore mine today and stole a bit of Audi style with a skirt underneath. It's the week for it, it would seem.

Love your tunic with the leather trousers. You look fab.

Sheila said...

I have been looking for leather pants in the thrift/consignment stores for some time now. I need them to be snug but not obscene, soft but not ratty, and not too expensive. It's been tough - I thought I had "the pair" but they gave me horrid plumber's crack when I sat in them!

You look awesome in this, Audi!