Friday, December 17, 2010

Team Building

This was a casual outfit that I wore to a company event in which we were having a team-building exercise that required a lot of walking around outside. Oh, how I live for corporate team-building exercises (insert sarcasm here). Actually it turned out to be not as mind-numbingly stupid as I'd anticipated it would be, and as an added bonus I got to spend the day in downtown San Francisco rather than having to commute to the office.

The comfy and casual ensemble I picked was made up of my soft, warm argyle sweater, my most comfy pair of jeans, and my beloved and well-worn brown boots. The big scarf not only kept me warm, but it also added some interesting pattern and color to spice up the casual look.

Sweater: All Saints
Jeans: Acne
Boots: Bata
Scarf: a gift from my sister

10 comments:

Someone said...

Oo, love the scarf! It looks suspiciously like one I just got myself, only mine's black/cream/buff. Paisley can be just the perfect thing! Plus, purple is awesome. :)

The Cheap Chick said...

It is sad how much I totally covet that sweater. So cute! Do they still sell it? *she asks, full of hope*

Audi said...

The Cheap Chick: Indeed, they do still sell it! It's in the vintage section, marked down to fifty bucks! http://www.us.allsaints.com/women/knitwear/cypher-jumper/midnight/wkg137-274 Time to get yourself a Christmas present. ;-)

tinyjunco said...

yee haw - The Cheap Chick scores!!!! love it.

team building exercise = you have my sympathies.

but walking around dwtn sf ain't bad (i'm guessing that look is a coupla days old, since you aren't talking about getting drenched : )

really nice casual outfit - taking notes! steph

Healthy and Homemade said...

"Team building exercise night tonight!" Haha, love Flight of the Concords =)

Gorgeous outfit! The scarf is lovely.

Corrine/Frock And Roll said...

You look gorgeous! Love the jeans, scarf, boots and um, is it kind of nerdy to admit that I'm completely in love with the bookshelf behind you, too?!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Lovely scarf and I've alway loved that jumper. The two together are even better.

fashionoverfifty said...

Just fell on your blog from Steph, and loving it! Love the scarf ensemble today--great textures! Paula

Fawn said...

Oh, you will laugh so hard when you see the sweater I thrifted yesterday! It's also tie-dyed argyle -- I must have been subconsciously thinking of your sweater when I snagged it!

Kylara7 said...

Great outfit! I love the jeans and high boots combo and great colors :)

Amen to the snark on team-building exercises. Why has no one figured out that you can't artificially create a bonding experience among virtual strangers (ok, maybe acquaitances)? Good for you for making the best of it!