Monday, December 13, 2010

Harem Pants

Here's the second wearing of my new harem pants; this time I wore them with pumps so that the shape of the pants is more visible.If you look closely you can see that the pant legs are quite snug where they end, about mid-calf; they can also be worn with the cuffs pushed further down towards the ankle, giving the upper part of the leg less of a baggy shape. So far I'm really liking these, and I can see them working equally well in a sock-less warm weather outfit.

Jacket: Max Studio
Top: Ann Taylor
Pants: Vera Wang
Shoes: Tsubo

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I wonder why the designers call these "harem pants". They remind me much more of knickers. Harem pants are big and poofy all the way down!

Regardless, you look great.

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

I second that you look great. Very edgy and comfy looking.

Sal said...

The pants really are a great find. As is that stellar cream-colored jacket!

Becky said...

Ooh, I really love those pants. Very versatile and almost steampunkish!

Healthy and Homemade said...

You can seriously pull anything off, jealous!

Sheila said...

These also remind me more of knickers (which are usually banded with a button, snap or buckle just under the knee), but I like that. They look more like a bubble skirt than pants, and the classically tailored jacket really keeps them subdued.

Allie said...

I have to say I don't get harem pants, they look so silly on most people. But on you, the way you style them they look so fresh and modern and wearable.