Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blade Runner


Someone at work told me this outfit looked like something out of Blade Runner, which I thought was a most excellent compliment. It does have sort of a futuristic element to it, come to think of it, with the tall boots and fluffy lace shrug. I like how the shrug blends perfectly with the dress and makes it look as if it's all one piece.

This leads me to come up with the brilliant idea, here in December, to go as Darryl Hannah's character Pris the next time I have occasion to dress up for Halloween. But of course, thinking of it in December means that by the time Halloween actually rolls around, I'll have completely forgotten the idea and will be at an utter loss for what to go as. I did it last year too, and of course I have never been able to remember the costume idea since whenever it was that it first occurred to me. I would be a brilliant Halloween partygoer if only all my great costume ideas didn't get lost in the sands of time.

Shrug: a gift from my sis
Dress: local import store P-Kok
Bangles: Amrita Singh
Jeans: Diesel
Boots: Modern Vintage

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

ooooh you are looking very futuristic, audi! those boots are killer, and I also love how the lacy top blends in with your tunic. great choice keeping the rest of the ensemble sleek and streamlined.

and your halloween costume idea cannot be forgotten! what about setting a reminder on your calendar (if you have one? i'm assuming you do...) for like a month before halloween reminding you of your idea. you could even update it as ideas come along!

Cel said...

The shrug really does look like it's part of the dress, really cool!

Audi said...

Wow Chelsea, that's actually a really great idea, even for a hopelessly disorganized soul like myself. Before I got my smart phone I probably would've written it on a calendar and then forgotten I even HAD a calendar, but now I think I'll plug it into my phone and let it remind me!

Between Laundry Days said...

I think Chelsea probably has the best idea, but if worse comes to worse, we'll just try to remind you next fall.

Because this is so very Darryl Hannah a la Blade Runner, which makes me so very happy.

Lemondrop Marie said...

I love the look and oh- fabulous boots.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Magatha-May said...

Gorgeous outfit Audi, I love that tunic.

Gracey said...

I love this look! I think your co-worker is right, it is Blade Runner-esque, and that's pretty awesome!

Shybiker said...

Great shrug. (Never heard that term before.) It has an animalistic feel to it. Very attractive.

Sheila is a wonderful blogger, isn't she?

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

One word: COOL. Loving this.

As for the Pris costume that would be so brilliant. Maybe you should schedule a post for halloween next year (or bung it in your calendar as Chelsea suggests).

Sheila said...

It does look very Blade Runner-esque. How cool.

I would just do a search on your blog for "Halloween" - I can never remember ideas that I have either. I tend to write them down on sticky notes and then find them years later.

Cool shrug!

TigerLily said...

oh i love this look, and yes that shrug looks like it's part of the tunic/dress. That is an amazing shrug by the way, your sister has a great eye on finding things for you :)


YURI
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com