Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anything But Ordinary

I've worn this combination of top and vest a few times now, mainly on weekends when I want a comfy but interesting jeans-based outfit. On weekends I've worn it with more casual indigo jeans and left the vest loose and open, but here I decided to dress it up with black jeans and the gunmetal harness.

Speaking of which, a few people have inquired about this particular harness. As you may recall, I described a few weeks ago how the leather is hard to find and a bit tricky to work with, which is why we don't currently have anything in this leather listed in the shop. But Mark does still have a small amount of it left and can do custom orders on request. The style I'm wearing here is the Ryder, and we've also made the Aria in this finish, but I also think it would look beautiful for a Willow, a Raven, or a Jane Doe. So far we still haven't been able to find any more of this leather, so when it's gone it's gone.

Anyhow, I loved all the striking black and white patterns in this outfit, and how the shoes even have a stripe pattern and silvery jewels that echo the finish of the harness. Which just goes to show that even the classic combination of black and white can be anything but ordinary.

Shirt: Max Studio
Vest: F21
Harness: Audra Jean
Jeans: Diesel (via Gilt)
Shoes: Bobbi Blu

13 comments:

Sara C said...

I LOVE this outfit!! I'm a huge fan of black and white! Its so fun!

Kim said...

I love the black and white! And I was one of the custom orders of this harness in that leather. It is gorgeous and I absolutely love it! I have a few pictures of it on my blog. I'm having so much fun playing with it.

WendyB said...

Love the graphic stripes.

Franca said...

The mix of different patterned black and white is great!

Between Laundry Days said...

I love that while there is so much going on in this outfit, it somehow doesn't seem too busy. They eye is just drawn seamlessly throughout. I love t!

Sal said...

The gunmetal leather is just divine. I don't think I can justify three harnesses, but I'm tempted!

Sheila said...

I love all the black and white pattern in this - just lovely.

Audi, how would your harnesses work for someone who is a lot (to put indelicately) boobier than you? I'm worried that I'd look like "Whoa! Boobs!" or look too S&M if I put one on. I'm a 34DD.

I have to be really careful even with wide belts that they don't take up my whole waist region - I don't want to look like Pam Anderson! :)

GlamaRuth said...

How do you do a special order for a gunmetal harness? Through Etsy? And what do you think of a Jillian or Lucille style in gunmetal?

Thanks!

Audi said...

Sheila: I'd suggest one of the harnesses with a thin underbust strap, like the one I have on here, or the Jane Doe. Kim, the commenter above, just ordered one of these and is significantly "boobier" than I am (great word btw!); check out her different looks here: http://kimsewsilly.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-new-accessory.html

I think Kim asked Mark to place the shoulder straps a little wider apart, so that they come down around the sides of her bust.

GlamaRuth: Yep, just shoot Mark a convo through Etsy and he'll hook you up with a customized piece!

Kim said...

lol...boobier! Yes, I did ask that the straps be a bit wider because I wanted to make sure they came down on the sides rather than across the girls. I really love it. The pictures I took were the first day I had it. I've been having so much fun playing with it. I put it on with an empire waist dress and it looked great. I haven't taken anymore pics yet though.

Kim said...

I just wanted to add too, that I'm not too concerned about looking boobier. There's no hiding them and I'm totally ok with that! I try to balance them most of the time, but if I want to wear something that makes them more, um pronounced, then I do ;-)

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

An amazing monochrome look. How you keep everything so balanced when there's so much detail is simply brilliant. And those jeans make your legs look endless.

Sheila said...

Thank you so much, Audi and Kim, for your helpful comments. If I get a new job soon, I might reward myself with a harness! :)