Monday, September 27, 2010

Rock 'n Roll

I decided to do my outfit photo from out on our balcony for this one, since Mark had leather pieces spread out all over the floor in my usual spot. Note the pot of nasturtiums on the right; I'm growing those specifically to feed to our little flower-eating dinosaur.

I wore this outfit for a Girl's Night Out the week before last; Laura and I went to see The Cult over at the Warfield Theater. It was quite a flashback to my old high school rock n' roll days; I even caught a drumstick! This outfit was pretty toned down from what I would've worn back in the 80's, mainly because I value comfort a lot more now than I did in my teens.

What I found funny was that the keyboard player in the opening act (Aussie band The Black Ryder) had the exact hairstyle I had at age 16: long, shaggy, and shaved off on one side, like half a mohawk only bigger and with a lot more hairspray (although hers could've been slicked back rather than shaved; it was hard to tell). It was a kick to see that style again; it was actually quite an imaginative haircut for the time, though I consider it one of the worst I've ever sported. It was after that phase that I moved on from rock 'n roll to punk, and wisely chopped off the rest of that long hair, which was never very flattering on me.

Shirt: All Saints
Cardigan: Express, a gift from my aunt
Harness: Audra Jean
Jeans: Acne
Boots: Bronx

12 comments:

A-Dubs said...

Great badass ensemble. Also, I am learning from both you and Sal just how versatile a harness can be.

Healthy and Homemade said...

I like everything about this look. You wear jeans well, the boots are awesome, and I love how you added the harness which holds the sweater where it should be. Very cool!

Sewing Pixie said...

I love this look!

When I first realized that my mother couldn't do anything but yell if I cut my own hair, I had it shaved on one side and long on the other- I'd seen it on a Lipservice model and wanted to look like her! I'd do it again.

Rebecca said...

I love those boots, and the harness adds a great touch to the outfit. Very rock and roll!

Sheila said...

Hee, The Cult, I remember playing "Love" over and over again on my tape deck until my dad yelled at me to turn it off (okay, guilty, I bought it on CD).

Great outfit!

Una said...

Love this look, especially on the balcony. I posted a link over at "You Look Fab" - hope that's okay!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Great look and I'm loving the outdoor shot. Love how your harness picks up the colour of your top and carries it through.

Sal said...

That silver harness ... it CALLS to me ...

elmendez said...

Love the boots! And I love that you're growing nasturtiums. It's fun to feed Charlie.

Nicky said...

Are there any pictures we could see of your old haircuts?

Mom said...

Just thought you should let your readers know that you came up with the one-sided shaved head haircut right before you were my maid of honor. I have forgiven you! By the way, I think your haircut now is the cutest! Mom

Audi said...

Nicky: I've been thinking of doing a haircut retrospective post, though before I can make it happen I'll need to go through many boxes and 2 computers' worth of old photos. It'll happen, but be patient!

Mom: Heh, I had conveniently forgotten about the whole maid of honor business! I just remember my ridiculous school photo from my junior year.