Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation Rental


I wasn't thrilled with the way these off-white tights looked with this outfit, but it was too cold that day for nude fishnets and these were really the best/only option I had. Black tights would have probably been better, but I didn't have any that weren't completely solid, and I felt that dark, solid tights would look too heavy for a summer day, no matter how cold a day it was. This just served to remind me that it's high time for me to place another order with Sock Dreams, and get myself some more patterned tights.


Cardigan, top: thrifted
Belt: Lazaro
Skirt: Heathen
Shoes: John Fluevog



Mark and I have been working away on the vacation rental house, and I'm happy to report that it's finally completely furnished and ready for guests. We even got our first booking already! I'm looking forward to meeting people from around the country and the world -- owning a vacation rental is the next best thing to being able to travel all the time. In fact, someday when I can finally leave the corporate world behind, I'd love to retire to a laid back town on a warm, tropical beach and run my own little B&B. In the meantime we have our adorable little cottage, which is conveniently located right behind our place. Click here to view our listing, and if you know anyone who needs vacation lodging in San Francisco, be sure to send them our way!


Here's the front of the house. I just love that inviting red door.

The main living.dining/kitchen area.
The rest of the living area. The sofa folds out into another bed, and the two sides also pull apart to reveal a table in between. A really cool concept from Nood Design.

The bedroom, complete with a really comfy mattress.

17 comments:

Cara said...

The house looks fabulous - I'm going to book mark it... my fiance and I have been tossing around the idea of honeymooning in San Francisco!

Seminyak Villas said...

Nice picture, I love interior design house. I hope to one day be able to stay at home like that

Fritinancy said...

The rental looks wonderful, and the timing couldn't be better: a client of mine is headed to SF for an extended stay in September. I've sent him the link!

Alicia said...

Beautiful decorating! Congrats!

Heather said...

Great looking vacation rental. If you need hints and tips on marketing or promoting it, that's my specialty. Take a look at www.cottageblogger.com - where I write for vacation rental owners.

Emily Kennedy said...

I love the pale green in the sweater next to the fatigue green of the skirt. Yums.

Your vacation rental looks gorgeous. Great job fixing it up!

Sal said...

You two really did a FANTASTIC job on furnishing the rental. It looks amazing!

Sheila said...

You look great in this outfit - what about a green fishnet? I have a pair that are a light olive that would look great with this.

Next time I come to SF, I'll consider your house! BTW, new Fluevog store opening in Union Square...

Sam from Hundy and Undy said...

I think the tights look alright! I do really love that skirt. So frilly, but in a "tough" color. Love it.

The place looks great, too!

hundy&undy

Kimberly said...

Love the mix and blues & greens! Seeing your vacation home so makes me want to book a trip to San Fran! Looks great!

WendyB said...

There's that skirt I love so much.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

You guys have done a fantastic job with the decorating! I love the red door even more than I love your Fluevogs!

jess said...

1. i love how distinct and unique fluvogs are - I can spot them a mile away!

2. omg that cottage is so cute! It seems so much more comfy than a hotel (and considering this is SF, probably a lot more economical). You've done a lovely job decorating (:

Audi said...

Fritinancy: Thanks so much!

Heather: Awesome; I'll check out your link!

Sheila: Actually I remembered today that I have a pair of olive green crochet tights, which would have been perfect. D'oh!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

I love the shot of teal amongst the greens of your outfit.

Your rental looks amazing. Would love to come back to San Francisco again - loved it last time.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I am so excited to read your comments. Been following you for some time and I love your style, so it means so much.

Rebecca said...

Great job with the vacation rental. It looks cute and comfortable, and you decorated it well.

Tamara said...

Well, I just happen to like the look of very light tights, they for some reason have this vintage vibe to me and kind of Mary Poppins feel... love how you combined them with this steampunk skirt and these adorable fluevogs.

Your vacation rental rocks! We actually prefer vacation rentals to hotels, it's so much cosier and family-friendly. We rarely see something furnished so modernly, I like that. Makes me feel sorry that we live that close to San Francisco and staying there overnight is really pointless :)