Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Instant Comfort



I felt really cute in this outfit. The dress is short and sassy, and yet between the tights and the cardigan and the scarf and the boots, the outfit isn't revealing at all. This one reminded me of something that gorgeous blogger Erin at Work With What You've Got might wear, although since she's in Texas I guess this outfit wouldn't really be appropriate until winter.

I've had these boots since the fall of 2005, when I picked them up at a shop in Copenhagen. They've never been incredibly comfortable because the soles underneath the balls of my feet are really hard. But they're such a pretty color (a rich reddish-brown shade) and classic shape (vaguely Western with the tab pulls and scooped shafts) that I've kept them anyway. Last week it finally occurred to me to stick some Foot Petals in there, and voila! Instant comfort was achieved. Good thing I had plenty of other reasons for hanging onto these boots, since took me 5 years to come to the realization that they could also be comfortable after all.

 

Cardigan: All Saints
Dress: Forla Paris
Belt: Lazaro
Scarf: Banana Republic
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen

10 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Are you entering this in the Fashionable Academics call for posts? Boots! Yippee!

Sheila said...

I love this! You look like a city cowgirl.

Those boots are fab - aw...I want boot season to start. No, no, I don't. NO. It's too early for me.

Okay, I need to get some dinner.

Um, you look great. :)

Sewing Pixie said...

love your outfit! After an hour of searching my closet for what to wear to work tomorrow the best I've got is a blouse and some jeans. I wish I could be going like this!!

Style Eyes said...

Love your blog - great style. It can sometimes be difficult to look stylish for work but this proves it is possible.

The layering of this outfit works so well to look stylish but effortless.

notSupermum said...

Love that outfit Audi, you are so clever with your colour combinations. I would never put those colours together, but they work so well.

Stacy said...

Fantastic boots! Love the whole outfit, too.

Sal said...

What a gorgeous mix of dusky shades. And so glad you found a solution for those lush boots!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

That cardigan is wonderful - I love its asymmetry. Glad you salvaged your boots. I need to do that with one of my pairs.

Clare said...

I'm so jealous of all your layering. It's hot as balls here.

And this totally looks like something Erin would rock! I never noticed some of the overlap that your styles have!

Healthy and Homemade said...

love love love!!! comfy outfits are the BEST, and the layering is fanfreakintastic