Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Overzealous

I wasn't super thrilled with how this outfit came out; I felt like the cardigan didn't really take the belting very well, and the whole thing looked a bit lumpier than I envisioned when I put it together. I should've placed the belt higher up on my ribcage, or else just left it out entirely. Sometimes I get a little overzealous with the belts, I admit.

I do like the mixture of neutral shades here though, so at some point I may try this idea again in a different configuration. The cardigan is another recent All Saints item, and it's another lightweight, soft layering piece that's perfect for the SF climate. I've actually worn it several times as part of a weekend outfit, and it helps give a casual look an extra bit of zing.

Cardigan: All Saints
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Tunic: from a local boutique
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: John Fluevog

7 comments:

Ashe Mischief said...

Those Fluevogs are REALLY cute on... I never expected to fancy them, but seeing them on has changed my mind....

how do they run?

C said...

Ditto to the above comment. I love them too. I've always thought they were a cool brand I couldn't pull off but those are great. They make me wish I could wear tights right now. Sadly I have months till our 3 weeks of winter here in TX.

Cara said...

I love that you posted this even though you weren't crazy about it! After weeks and weeks of in which you always looks so pulled together, it's reassuring that even the best dressed can sometimes have a not so perfect day!

tinyjunco said...

i agree with Cara, it's interesting to see outfits that a person doesn't like so much, when they give their reasons, as well as more casual stuff, special occasion, costumes, etc. i like to see how a person's style plays out in a bunch of different areas!

i really like the neutral palette, esp. the different textures and soft pattern in the skirt. re: the belt - i'm thinking maybe a slimmer belt, or the same one belted over your top with the cardi over? mebbe even no belt
(gasp!) ; ) it'd be worth playing with, i think, because the colors and shapes look really nice on you and are a little different 'vibe' for you as well. steph

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

I love the way your cardigan matches your beautiful shoes. I think that this outfit works pretty well. A few lumps and bumps are common place (unless you don't move around during the day), and the colors combine well. I even like the belt, although maybe a thinner, looser fitting one might have bunched less?
On an unrelated note, the NY Mag (not a really hard hitting journalistic publication but sometimes interesting) published this and I wanted to pass it along to you:
http://nymag.com/print/?/news/features/67024/

spottedroo said...

I see what you mean about the belt but I do love the color and texture combination.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Mad but wonderful shoes and I love the colour palette.