Tuesday, July 27, 2010

F@#! It



This was sort of a, "Fuck it, it's Friday" kind of outfit, which I threw haphazardly together in the morning. But it turned out pretty well, and moreover it was comfortable enough to walk around in all day and then wear for meeting Fawn for cocktails later that evening.

I picked up the top at Savers while out in Minneapolis; both Mark and I scored some great finds at that store. Because of the strong pattern of the top, you can see the sheerness of the cardigan, which hasn't translated very well in the photos of it in other outfits. As a final touch I wore my Wendy Brandes swear rings, because what better way to say 'fuck it' than by flashing it in bright, shiny silver right across your fingers?


Top: INC (thrifted)
Cardigan: All Saints
Jeans: Joe's
Rings: Wendy Brandes
Necklaces: multi-chain necklace from H&M, pendant from a flea market in Buenos Aires
Shoes: Fly London

10 comments:

WendyB said...

I knew I was going to like this post when I saw the title.

Tony Wang said...

So cute! Loving the rings of course. =]

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Love the top and, as always, very envious of those rings. The way things look set to go at work, I think I need some.

Lady Cameron XIII said...

I love every bit of your outfit, but the swear rings... F@#! YEAH!!!

I love your first name, btw. Do you/have you ever own/ed anything made by your namesake down in Ingolstadt?

Sheila said...

Great outfit - I love the pattern in the top (I.N.C. stuff is great quality). You look very long and lean. Perfect shoes, and fab jewelry. I want the rings! (cue Wendy B).

notSupermum said...

OMG, this is very exciting - this outfit actually looks like one I wear myself, save for the rings of course! Does this mean I have somehow absorbed some of your style tips? Is there finally some hope for me?

Anonymous said...

More inspiration to keep an eye out for individual pieces with that little extra something. I am still in awe of how you take a basic look (jeans, casual top & sweater) & do the Audi twist to turn it into a great look. valleycat1

Sal said...

That bold, stripy top is fantastic with the sheer cardi. What a great pairing.

Carmen said...

I love it! The jeans are so cute and I have cardigan envy every single time you wear this cute asymmetrical gem!

Again getting SanFran envy here! There are things I love about the Midwest but being in the bible belt is rough sometimes. I have one little tattoo on my wrist and I get lots of looks (especially from my Mennonite boss). I can't even imagine wearing those rings ANYWHERE here. Love the freedom you exhibit!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

The drapey cardi is lovely!

I really, really cannot wait for all my stuff to arrive. I'm missing my rings!