Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres

This outfit is from a couple weeks ago, and as I sit here wearing these striped leggings yet again I realize how addicted I've gotten to them. But they really are the perfect thing for summer because they're lightweight and semi-sheer, and yet enough of a barrier to the chilly, moist air that I don't get too cold. Not that I won't wear them all winter as well, but look how great they pair with these soft, light layers and bare toes.

This morning Mark and I were discussing which actor would voice Georgie's character if she were ever cast in an animated movie. We decided on Ellen DeGeneres. How's that for random?

Cardigan, skirt: Anthropologie
Top, leggings: Black Market Baby
Shoes: Bobbi Blu

9 comments:

Blume said...

Given that she has already voiced an animal in a movie (Finding Nemo), it doesn't seem that far off.

WendyB said...

I still recite some of Ellen's Nemo lines!

Sheila said...

Very pretty! I love the shoes.

Ellen is wonderful. Love her.

Eloise In NY said...

Love this outfit, i think im going to need to buy those leggings

leah said...

Oh my stars, I love blackmarketbaby. Gonna be buying lots of dotty black sheer stuff from them! Thanks for the etsy tip :)

Dawn said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and this is my favorite outfit yet. I love the Twenties vibe you have going with it.

Sal said...

Ellen is the perfect choice.

And hey, check out those fab necklaces! They really complete this look.

tinyjunco said...

striped legwear .... be still my heart! with sheerness to boot.

it's a load of fun matching people/animals you know as various celebs or cartoon characters. i always get pegged as Marge Simpson ......... (ermmrmmm) ....

Chelsea said...

I adore you in pink & black! And if Ellen is Georgie's voice, I adore her (the pooch) even more now!