Monday, June 28, 2010

Unfussy



I can't even remember what was going on the day I wore this outfit, but I do recall that I wanted something simple and unfussy, perhaps in contrast to how complex my outfit was the first time I wore this cardigan. Unfussy to me means several things: the outfit should be comfortable so that I'm not always fidgeting in it; it should have very few layers or components so that it doesn't require frequent repositioning; and it should be well suited to any weather, meaning that it should have a warmer layer that's easily removable if it gets too warm. This one fit the bill: the cords have a nice relaxed fit, the shirt is plenty long enough to cover my midsection without having to adjust or tug at it, the shoes are one of the most comfy pairs I own, and the cardigan can be thrown on or off without even having to mess with buttons or a belt. Perfect!

Cardigan: All Saints
Shirt: Just Angels
Pants: Marlowe
Shoes: Fly London

11 comments:

Lesa said...

Audi, I love this cardigan, I am a size 16, do you think that something would work for me?

Lemondrop Marie said...

Oh to be able to wear cords... we are suffering unbearable heat. They look comfy and are a great cut.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Purseapalooza giveaway

Diana said...

I just love that drapey, asymmetrical cardigan. This outfit looks so comfy and stylish.

jenny elkins said...

I too wonder is it really that cool where you are? It has been so hot here that I am tempting to go sleeveless which never happens. Love your blog! Look forward to every post.

OnlyPlaying said...

I found your blog last week, and spent a few days going back and reading the achives. You have really inspired me to look at my wardrobe in a new way. I'm slowly going through my closet, and have come up with one outfit- a black and white dotted dress, black cardigan, a black petticoat which I had bought for halloween, black and white striped knee socks, and my very first pair of Fluevogs (black and cream, naturally). It looks great!

Sal said...

That photo of you and Georgie is TOO CUTE.

Sheila said...

Aw, Georgie is so cute.

You rock cords! They just do not work on me.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Georgie looks like she has something to say about it! So cute!

It looks like you're getting lots of good use out of those Fly London Shoes!

WickedThrifty said...

i got a couple of drapey cardigans like this, one in grey! love 'em. the detailing on this purple top is awesome, too.

just wanted to pop by and say congrats on the feature in etsy finds!!!

Fawn said...

As cute as that outfit is, the dog accessorizing it is even cuter!

kiran said...

Indian kurti's are just perfect for summers. I recently bought some from the site kaneesha.com they have amazing collection of trendy kurtis. I will say worth visiting the site http://www.kaneesha.com/tunic-top_index.cfm