Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dress for the Weather

Thanks for all your well wishes, everyone. I'm feeling close to 100% today but am still a little worn out from being sick. I'm really glad it's almost the end of the week.

I just loved the old fashioned equestrian feel of this outfit, and I thought the proportions worked really well with my figure. As you can tell, it was still really cold last week, so multiple layers and non-summery fabrics were in order.

I have to admit that I sort of loved rebelling against the standard summer wear with this wool skirt, tights, and neutral colors. When it's freezing cold (ok, in the low 60's, but still) and blowing great gusts of rain, I find it hard to get behind wearing bright florals and lightweight fabrics. I dress for the weather, not so much for the season.

Capelet: F21
Shirt: H&M
Belt: Lazaro
Skirt: All Saints
Tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Tsubo

13 comments:

Clare said...

I absolutely adore this weather-appropriate look, and I'm definitely tucking it into my autumn inspiration folder!

And I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. My boss has been out of commission for most of the week with a high fever, and I'm hoping I don't come down with it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling better! i live in the bay area too, have for forty plus years. we have our seasons, but the overwhelming influence is microclimates and the jet stream.....layers reign supreme in our neck of the woods!

it's funny, this post and the last post are outfits i would actually wear - i check in every day, but rarely see a look i would 'lift'. but then neutral colors, a jacket and skirt with an old-fashioned feel has been my look for.........ever now? you wear it very well! have fun this weekend, it's supposed to be 90 and humid here by the devil's mountain, oy very! steph

WendyB said...

I love the capelets. I even love the word "capelet."

Jean said...

Glad to read you are on the mend, Audi! Good idea to align with the weather, comfort goes a long way in healing and you do it so fashionably. I like the contrast of the brown/silver belt against the gray.

Sal said...

My gosh, I can't imagine donning so many layers at this time of year! But you're right, the proportions are fab and a girl's gotta keep warm.

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

a lovely outfit!

Jane W. said...

Love the mix of shapes, textures and neutrals--elegant yet edgy.

Gracey said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, and I adore this outfit. I definately understand why you're still layering your "non-spring" colors. It's still rainy and cold here in Oregon too, and I'm still in tights and leggings and dark colors. I think this outfit is a fabulous example of layering and proportion and it has a capelet! Brava!!

Brande said...

If your capelet was a man I'd marry it.

a little sewing on the side said...

I don't know how you do it. You just keep getting cuter. I love your outfit.

Eric said...

That's really cute. I love your outfit. It's weather appropriate, fashionable, and unique. Looks great.

jennine said...

that capelet is perfect! and glad to hear youre feeling better... i've been sick too... what is going on here?

etoilee8 said...

Check you out, looking all turn of the century. I love it. Sometimes I wish I could pull off outfits like this, but I always end up looking not myself.