Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Layering

Here's the last of my Anthro purchases: this light pink cardigan. Normally I avoid washed out colors like this, but I thought it had great potential for pairing with darker items, such as this black sweater and dark olive skirt.

I also like the cardigan's tissue-thin weight and 3/4 length sleeves, which make it a great piece for summer layering. Lately it's been cold and rainy here, so warm clothes are still a must; the cardigan was a nice way to brighten up this dark but warm outfit and add a breezy summer vibe to it. As you can see, I'm still not giving up my tights, and probably won't for much of the summer.

Sweater: Banana Republic
Cardi: Anthro
Bracelet: Betsey Johnson
Skirt, tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Faryl Robin

6 comments:

Diana said...

That cardigan is beautiful! I love how you paired it with darker items.

Anonymous said...

okay, call me a noob... how is the cardigan an anthro purchase? oh wait; you mean Anthro(pologie)?! Sorry, I spend too much time on the internet :P

Sheila said...

That's really, really pretty. Very delicate and girly.

A-Dubs said...

What they said. Also, the lighting in these shots is gorgeous.

Belinda said...

Such a pretty cardie - love the colour and how lightens up the whole outfit. I had to laugh when I read how you probably won't be giving up the tights for most of summer. I'd love to see you try that where I live :p We get a 5 month summer on average and 3 of those months have most days well over 36 degrees (I think that 100 degree F??). So any type of hosiery in summer is OUT. It's so hard to look stylish when you're trying to wear as little clothes as possible (that's not as dirty as it sounds.....)
xxx

Alyssa said...

You look nice and sophisticated. I really like that you showed a close-up in the last pic—I especially love the detail on your cardi. :)