Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First

Well, here it is -- the first official outfit photo in my new home! This was from last Thursday, and to be honest I was still feeling very disoriented and not fully back into the swing of planning outfits, taking pictures, and working with the computer (I'm still feeling that way to some degree). So I guess it's hardly surprising that I put together the very same skirt/boots combo that I had just worn the last time I'd been in the office.

This outfit actually came about because that afternoon was Game 4 of the Sharks-Redwings series, and since I was going straight from work to meet up with Laura I needed a comfy teal and black ensemble. As it turned out, that was a sad game to watch, with the Sharks getting soundly beaten, but thankfully they came back in the next game to win the series and advance to the next round. I'm just enthralled with watching all the sports commentators, who completely wrote off the Sharks before the playoffs started, eat several large helpings of crow now. Suckers.

Right, the new place. Yes, here it is, or at least part of the front room. It isn't really arranged in its final configuration yet; here you can see a few stray books, a jumble of barware, and the remote control to the tiny Mini Cooper that I love to chase Georgie around with. These things have all since been put away, but at least you can also get a sense of the Victorian detailing (a window seat AND a built-in bookcase!), the tall ceilings, the ample light, and the lovely hardwood floors. As soon as we've tackled the last of the boxes, I'll take some better shots of the rest of the place.

Top: Red Dress Shoppe
Waistcoat: Last Kiss
Skirt: thifted
Boots: All Black

26 comments:

Kimberly said...

Just from the little peak of the new place it looks lovely! Great combo too - I'm always a sucker for a vest!

Lemondrop Marie said...

Congrats! How lovely!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Petit Rococo giveaway

Diana said...

The new place looks great! I love all that sunlight! And your outfit is fantastic, as always.

Candycane said...

You look great and your new house looks amazing - very light and airy - great colours and I love window seats - my mum and dad have one in there bedroom :)

Can't wait to see more pics of the place!!

CC xXx

Deja Pseu said...

Love the waistcoat-and-blouse combo. Heidi With Attitude!

Your new place looks fabulous!

FashionTheorist said...

I love your take on dressing as a sports fan - nothing says you have to logo up from head to toe! You've integrated your team's colors into your outfit without looking like a walking ad.

The new place looks lovely. Are you planning on painting it in vivid colors, like your old apartment, or thinking of leaving it white to reflect all that wonderful sunshine?

Emily Kennedy said...

That window?? In San Francisco??? You lucky woman. The place so far looks divine!

Debra Martin said...

Fabulous new digs, Audi! Love the high ceilings and the big window and the window seat and the floor and... well everything about it.
Great outfit. I always like your pictures.

neighbourhood.gal said...

Your new place has such promise! Peace to you in the transition!

Laura said...

"I'm just enthralled with watching all the sports commentators, who completely wrote off the Sharks before the playoffs started, eat several large helpings of crow now. Suckers." I couldn't agree more. Go Sharks! :)

You look lovely as always and your new place looks great.

melindaa said...

lovee the color of your shirt and the vest :]

Rebecca said...

The style and fit of the vest "make" this outfit. And OH the great bones of your new place! The bookshelves are to die for. Can't wait to see other nooks and crannies as you have time and inclination to post.

Fer said...

I loved the new place!

and you look amazing as always, Audi :)

Kasmira said...

Congrats on the new place! It is gorgeous.

Sal said...

It looks bright and beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

Deborah said...

That window is awesome. I want to move next door to you. I'm in love with SF.

How darling are you?

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

I love what I see of your new place - that window seat is so fun, and the natural light is incredible. Hope the move went smoothly and you're all settled in and feeling at home soon!

Chelsea said...

ooooh I am loving the new place already! my favorite thing about SF architecture is the plethora of bay windows. my dream home has a window seat just like yours... I imagine sipping tea while reading a good book, glancing out the window at passerby every so often.

and you do sports dressing so wonderfully. maybe you can give me orange/black advice that doesn't remind one of halloween? i've got a lot of giants games to attend!

Emma Clark said...

Wow, the light in there is amazing and really shows off the detail of your outfit. Perfect house and perfect look.

Nicky said...

Your new place looks beautiful!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

The new place looks fantastic! I hope you are able to get oriented and settled in soon!

I love the Red Dress Shoppe top with that vest!

Eyeliah said...

Your place is looking amazing already, great lighting!

Clare said...

The new place looks beautiful; I love the lighting!!!

WendyB said...

Looks bright and airy!

Jean said...

Ooooh Audi!!! Even from a glimpse of your new digs, one can tell this place suits you to a T, simply beautiful.

Wishing you and Mark (& Georgie) many wonderful, happy moments there together.

Fawn said...

Built-ins! Oooooh.