Tuesday, May 18, 2010

eShakti Dress

I received this dress a few weeks ago as a product review sample from eShakti, but I had yet to wear it until after the move because my iron and garment steamer were both packed up. Normally I probably would have just worn it anyway, but I didn't feel like the deep creases left by being boxed up and shipped would exactly make for a fair product review, so I held off.

As for the dress, it is really gorgeous, and I'm very impressed with the quality. eShakti offers sizes from 0-26 on every item, and for a fairly small additional charge, you can get anything custom sized. You can even change up the styling on many items; for this dress I had the hem shortened from the normal length to above the knee. I ordered this in a standard size and found the fit to be very true to the measurements listed on the sizing chart.

I just love the beautiful floral pattern that's stitched around the bottom panel of the dress. The flowers are black and the edge stitching is sort of a purplish color, which I think will give the dress some additional styling options. The midsection of the dress also has black contrast stitching. I only wish that the floral pattern went around the back of the dress too, but it's a fairly minor drawback. I will most likely order additional items from eShakti, and I would definitely recommend them, especially for hard-to-fit figures.

Jacket: F21
Dress: eShakti
Shoes: Tsubo



17 comments:

CalamityJem said...

Beautiful dress!
...xXx

Alyssa said...

Oooh! This is a fantastic dress! I love the bold blue color and the black flowers... niiiiiice! You're lucky you got to review them :)

swatchcat said...

I really like that dress! It's a fantastic color for you.

Emily Kennedy said...

Wow! Super cute! I didn't know you could have the hem taken up as part of the custom ordering. Very cool. There's tons of beautiful stuff on their site. I intend to try them out some day when I have some money to spend.

Ashe Mischief said...

I'm really loving your new space! While the colors are so cool and fairly neutral in this photo, it's so vibrant and clean.

That dress is fantastic, by the way-- I'll have to pop over to their site. The sizing range pleases me!

jennine said...

that really is a beautiful dress..and i was also going to say..woah, the new place looks great!

Emma Clark said...

Super dress. I love how the colour pops against the black.

Sharon said...

The dress is really gorgeous.
I instantly searcht for eShakti and what do I have to read? They only ship to the US and Canada. Lame :-(

migotka said...

This dress is gorgeous, unfortunately unavailable for me!

Sal said...

I adore my eShakti dress, too. They've got such great variety.

And this electric blue looks amazing paired with black.

Sheila said...

What a lovely dress. I also love it when patterns go around the back.

Clare said...

I love the vibrant color! I'll be debuting my eShakti dress soon; I love the fit!!

angie said...

What a beautiful outfit! Love the retro glam mixed with the edgy spunk. You do that combination exceptionally well, Audi. Love!

Diana said...

I really like eShakti too. That dress is a stunning shade of blue.

wardrobeexperience said...

the eshakti dress looks so cute. love haw you paired it with this jacket military jacket...

Candycane said...

Wow the colour of that dress is stunning!

Sal xXx

Healthy and Homemade said...

gorgeous dress! I love the color.

The pictures in the new place are awesome, so light and airy ^_^