Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Disappointed

This cardigan is another one of the sale rack spoils from my trip to Anthro last week. I had actually seen this online and almost ordered it, but the original price was something like $189, and I think that's too much for a knit sweater that isn't cashmere. This was the last one left, and $69 seemed much more reasonable a price tag, so I got it.

I love the cardigan's long length and deep teal color, which will go well with a lot of things in my wardrobe. Plus, it will make for some good Sharks-watching outfits when my beloved but maddening team returns for another try next year. I'm obviously very disappointed with the outcome of the Sharks-Blackhawks series, because I was certain that the Sharks were truly the better team and should've won at least a couple of games. And since my second pick for the cup was Montreal if the Sharks didn't win, and Montreal has now been eliminated too, I'm officially done with hockey for the season. The cup has now become a who-cares series for me. Such a sad end to an exciting hockey season.

On the other hand, watching Montreal eliminate both the Capitals and the Penguins was unexpected and truly awesome, and I'm now inspired to go see a game in Montreal when the new season starts. The enthusiasm of the fans was just amazing the watch, and I'm sure it would be exhilarating to be there in person.

Cardigan: Anthro
Dress: thrifted
Skirt: LA Made
Shoes: Tsubo

17 comments:

Wicked Thrifty said...

oooh goodness that is a lovely saturated teal and some phenomenal ruffles. $69 is a much more reasonable price. (is it acrylic?)
love how you picked it up with the teal skirt. i wouldn't have thought of red/black/white with teal. that's why you're the color queen :D

WendyB said...

This looks sooooooooo good on you. The length, the color, everything!

Emily Kennedy said...

Ha! With the post title and the new-looking cardigan, I thought you were going to say that you were disappointed with the sweater! I was like, "No way! That sweater is awesome!" But you like it too, so all is well.

A-C said...

I read the title and couldn't understand why you were disappointed in the cardigan. Then i red the post. LOVE this cardigan. Oh so very you and lovely. Sorry about the Sharks.

angeline said...

So sad about the Sharks...I was rooting for them, too! I really really love that sweater, especially the color and the ruffle detail. It would make even the simplest outfit (like jeans, a tee, and flats) into a wham-pow awesome outfit!

Sheila said...

We were also rooting for the Sharks (once Boston was eliminated, sigh), as Joe Thornton is a favourite in our household.

I really love that cardigan - the colour and all those ruffles! So pretty. I went into the sale section at Anthropologie in London and even their sale stuff seemed really overpriced.

Sal said...

I think of that teal as your color. Audi Teal.

ReaderRita said...

I think that cardigan is stunning!
It seems like my Anthro doesn't have as good of a sale rack as your Anthro. Or maybe I just don't get there at the right time...oh well- it undoubtedly saves me money.
I'm sorry the Sharks lost, because they had a very exciting season- but boy howdy, does Chicago ever need a winning team*, and the Hawks did play hard this year...

*I mean, we have to perpetually deal with the Cubs, after all. (...maybe this year?)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

That teal sweater is gorgeous on you!

I really am not a hockey fan, but my Canadian husband is, so I've peripherally watched a lot more than usual the past couple of years. I'm sorry for you sports-related disappointment.

HelsBells said...

Love the cardigan.
We, Chicago, need a Cup victory more than you guys do. It's been almost 50 years since the last time the Hawks won the Stanley Cup. FIFTY years!! I'm sorry for your disappointment but we have to win!!

LaJulia said...

As a Montrealer, I gotta say, we get into our hockey. After we beat the Pens in Game 7 the entire downtown shopping strip turned into a giant block party.

I am unfortunately kinda hoping the Hawks win just because they aren't the ones that killed our Stanley Cup dreams. :-p

x-ine said...

Yeah!!! Come to Montreal! I guarantee you will have a wicked good time. Just avoid the very cold winter months (particularly January and February) unless you like a good windchill.

April said...

gorgeous cardigan!

Diana said...

I tried on that cardigan in off-white, but the ruffles just seemed a bit over-powering on me. It looks fantastic on you, though, and I love that teal color.

Rebecca said...

How you figure out outfits like this amazes me! This is SO fabulous - the colors, the layers, the ruffles, the combination. Wow!

Alyssa said...

I ADORE your teal cardigan. All of those ruffles are so fancy schmancy! No wonder why I love it... it's from Anthro...

;D

Jos said...

Love that cardigan and love your blog- just found it last night and have been enjoying reading past posts.
Can't say I'm too sorry about the hockey- I'm from the Philly metro area hence a huge Flyers fan...
So glad to have found your blog!