Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Black Market Baby



This gorgeous sheer, leather-trimmed tank and striped leggings came to me by way of a trade with fellow Etsy seller Audrey Cantwell of Black Market Baby. I had already marked her shop as a favorite ages ago, so when she suggested a trade I jumped at the opportunity. These pieces both have that unique, special quality I always look for, and they're both really well made. For an evening out, I might wear this tank over something sleeveless and black, but for work I chose this long-sleeved argyle sweater dress for a more modest look. The leggings have a waistband that's light as air, so the whole outfit was amazingly comfortable and constriction-free. I love how the sheerness of the tank allows the form-fitting sweater dress shape to show through, but still gives the outfit a draped, relaxed look that doesn't come off as too revealing, especially for work. I'm looking forward to finding more ways to use these wonderful pieces.

I kept the accessories fairly simple so as to let the tank and leggings be the stars of the outfit, but I did opt for a mixed-metals pile of long necklaces to break up the dark colors.

Tank, leggings: Black Market Baby
Dress: All Saints
Boots: All Black

13 comments:

Diana said...

This outfit is absolutely fantastic! You find some of the most amazing pieces.

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

Wow, those pieces from BMB are amazing. I love the way the leather trim makes the tank just drape perfectly! Great combination with the other mostly black pieces.

Lesa said...

I am really loving the outfits you have on the last two postings. It is nice to see that more and more people are buying from eShatiki. Originally I heard mixed reviews, but lately more and more good things.

Sheila said...

It's very chic, with a nice rocker edge to it. Love the leather trim!

I am also loving your built-in bookcases! *sigh* All those lovely books...

gina said...

I love all the patterns and textures in the almost all black outfit.

Your new photo spot is nice. The background is pretty and your light is wonderful.

Mikaela said...

your outfits are amazing. i want your closet!!!

WendyB said...

I'm hypnotized by the leggings.

Anonymous said...

I'm not seeing right away where to e-mail you, so I thought I'd just leave this link here.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/27212632/endorphin-choker-necklace

Seems like something you might enjoy!

Love the outfit today.

Sal said...

You are the queen of mixing black pieces artfully. Such fun layers.

Emily Kennedy said...

That top a piece that is perfect for your unique style. Also, I love that your pics were taken in front of an ample collection of Let's Go books. Naturally!

Chelsea said...

oooh you are fierce in this getup! i love it :) and your new place looks just amazing! I'm loving the bookshelf/window in your backgrounds!

Eyeliah said...

first think I noticed was the subtle stripe of the leggings, so chic. Off to check out their Etsy shop.

Kelley said...

This is my favorite outfit you have posted. Also your hair looks awesome like this and your new place seems really great! Nice light.