Monday, April 26, 2010

The Perfect Pair

I'm really, really excited about these shoes. These had been on my favorites list for ages, so when I saw on Amazon that they were marked down to $99 from $249, I couldn't resist. I'm really surprised I hadn't caved in sooner, as they are truly the perfect pair of shoes that I've been searching for.

What I was wanting were shoes that will go with lots of different colors, can be worn with skirts or pants, have a nice sturdy heel that's good for walking, and are light enough to travel with. Looking back over that list of desired traits, it's pretty amazing that I found anything even close to fitting the bill. But here they are! The absolute perfect shoe for me; a quirky blend of colors, chunky 2" heels and thick soles, lightweight, and luxuriously comfortable.

These shoes also come in "safe" colors -- brown and black -- too, but where's the fun in that? These babies go with everything, and I can even change up the laces if I want to bring in yet another color. I think all my other shoes are jealous.

Dress: DVF
T-shirt: H&M
Skirt: LA Made
Belt: Sunhee Moon
Shoes: Fly London "Jail"

17 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

GREAT shoes! Those are so "Audi."

Ashe Mischief said...

Those are SO amazing! I love the color combo, and they complement your outfit perfectly.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love them with this DVF dress! I love that belt of yours too!

Emily Kennedy said...

Oh my sweet word and they have stacked heels?!? Perfection!!! They will go so great with orange! And navy! And maybe even with the two together, specially if you mix in a little teal. WIN!

Jean said...

Audi, the more I read of your blog, I become aware of how very similar to yours that my style WAS in my (much) younger days!!! I had a pair of shoes very similar to these in color and design!!!! I was floored when I saw the first photo of today's post :-)

And don't get me started on those gorgeous belts you design . . .

I'm loving the colors/pattern of that dress too.

Jean

The Pale and Pallor Princess said...

Love the shoes! They're awesome. Remind me of these 1940-ish era German pair I got from my grandma years ago. Love the dress too, especially with the Obi style belt.

http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

I love those shoes. Fly has amazing styles (I haven't been able to find just the right pair yet, though).

Love the dress and layered skirt with this!

FashionTheorist said...

Those are pretty darn exciting shoes. How are they comfort-wise?

I love the dress with the obi - it's such a great silhouette!

WendyB said...

They're like beautiful bowling shoes!

Rad_in_Broolyn said...

Those are perfect shoes! Comfy, edgy and pretty? What a rare combination. They look especially rad with the beautiful colors of your outfit.

EvaNadine said...

oh, to be set free in your shoe closet!

Sal said...

They're simply marvelous. And such a great mix of colors!

Stacy said...

Very cool shoes. Oh, but that dress...when I saw it I literally gasped and exclaimed, "LOVE!" :)

Chelsea said...

the perfect shoe for the gal with the perfect shoe collection! so you, so cute, and oh, the possibilities!

The Writing Instinct said...

These are lovely shoes and look so comfortable. I love your whole outfit.
Mervat
xo

Mandy said...

Another brand of shoes to 'need' :)

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful colour combo, you look fab!