Monday, April 12, 2010

After-Work Cocktails

Sometimes it's fun to just take an outfit all the way and play dress-up with it, and I felt like this was one of those. The military vibe is pretty overwhelming here, but I didn't care -- I felt like one of those stern brigadier general characters from an old John Wayne war movie. This was a good intimidate-your-employees look, even though I'm probably the most laid back boss ever. I can dream, though.

This outfit transitioned from work right to after-work cocktails with Fawn, and since it was a rainy night, the leather pants and wool beret gave me plenty of waterproofing. Speaking of after-work cocktails, last Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting the divinely adorable Chelsea of Bright Side Dweller, which I know will make many of you jealous as hell. Believe me, I would've hugged her for all of you, but then I'd have just stood there hugging her all night and we'd never have had time for the marathon chat-fest that ensued. Needless to say, Chelsea is awesome in person and we easily blabbed away two and a half hours without even noticing.

Hat: ADS Hats
Jacket: thrifted
Necklace: Manu Lizarralde
Shirt: Max Studio
Belt: thrifted
Leather trousers: Pepe Jeans, via Asos
Boots: All Black

11 comments:

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to meet you, and I would love to meet Chelsea!

Kimberly said...

San Fran is where its at - so many awesome bloggers!! Loving the leather, Audi!

Sheila said...

Aw, I'm so jealous - next time I'm in San Fran, I will let you know.

I love this pseudo-militia look. I hope you played with a German accent when you were out later? :-P

angie said...

Only you could pull off this look with verve and sass, Audi. It's sensational. LOVE military styled outfits, so this one is close to my heart.

Emma Clark said...

Love your hair with the beret. Very chic.

Emily Kennedy said...

That jacket is so great, and you thrifted it?! Great find!

Diana said...

I love the military vibe of this outfit, and it's so awesome that you and Chelsea got to meet up!

Kristin said...

You saw it, you went there, you rocked it :o) I love when you push your outfits to the edge; you look so confident and fun. This is definitely something I'm working on for myself. To sometimes just let my outfits GO THERE.

So very jealous of your blogger meet-ups as well! Sounds like so much fun!

Sal said...

Well, I'D certainly take orders from ya.

A-C said...

These pants + boots have a serious dominatrix vibe to them, which of course is super cool.

Also, VERY jealous of you're meet up. :(

Chelsea said...

I am only just seeing this post, Audi! Oh man, it was just freaking rad hanging with you... and I'm stoked about your move! Hope all's going well :)


PS you rock the hell outta leather pants.