Monday, March 29, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

If you haven't already checked out Sal's fabulous group post about style evolution, be sure to stop by and take a peek. I was truly honored to contribute to such an inspiring post!

This was my St. Patrick's Day outfit; I kept the jacket on all day, not for fear of being pinched so much as not wanting to get hypothermia in my overly-air-conditioned office. I shouldn't really complain; I have a beautiful view of the bay and can see the airplanes coming and going from SFO, and these days the visibility is great and the water is especially blue. So there's that. But it's still too damn cold in there.

I love the subtle details in this outfit, particularly the way the raw edge of the skirt goes so well with the tattered edges of the jacket, and how both pieces have contrasting topstitching. I also love the dark tie-dye print of the tank top; I'm not typically a fan of tie dye, but I'm liking these muted dark-on-dark prints I'm seeing lately, because the print looks smoky and mysterious. In this outfit the tank adds some contrast while still following the purple color scheme.

Jacket: Tulle
Cowl top: thrifted
Tank top: Rhapsodia
Necklace: World Market
Skirt: Fiorini Wichmacki
Boots: All Black




13 comments:

Mabel and Zora said...

Great outfit

Emily Kennedy said...

Your statement about tie-die is precisely why I'm enjoying them right now as well.

Also, thanks for linking to the group post. That is good stuff!

Diana said...

Love this outfit! Green and purple make such a great combination.

megan.tme said...

Just stumbled onto your blog from that fabulous post on Already Pretty. Your style is amazing and fun, and I just adore that bright sunny background! I work with mostly nerds (not scientists, but rather financial and programming whizzes), and it is awesome to see someone who doesn't let their work environment take over their style, but rather breaks out of the mold. I have the same goal as you, to have a creative portal and share with others. You are an inspiration!!

~ megan
www.transmissionme.blogspot.com

Jane W. said...

prickly pear--my favorite combo! That really is a special shade of green, and it looks great with the aubergine skirt.

Sal said...

Man, you amaze me Audi. I would never have thought to pair mint green with deep purple. But it's an amazing mix!

And thanks again for contributing to the guest post. Did you see that NO ONE can believe you're 40?

Sheila said...

Ooh, love the green and purple together. I'm going to have to try that.

Style of a Fashionista said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I could wear my harnes everyday and I am glad you like the way I wear it means a lot to me thank you.

Love you blog btw and your style is amazing xoxo

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I really love that mint green Tulle jacket! What a great outfit topper for spring!

Anonymous said...

That jacket is adorable. I love the color. You look terrific. Just a thought: try it buttoned up sometime over a long-sleeved dress shirt or turtleneck.

kanishk said...

thanks for linking to the group post. That is good stuff!
home jobs without registration

Melanie Jade said...

I love the combo of the green and purple. So great!

Alyssa said...

I may have said this before, but you are the queen of successful layering! You are always SO creative in layering... I need to *study* your layering techniques because I always seem to be cold and I want to look cute without wearing a huge sweatshirt and parka every day (slight exaggeration but ya know...)! I really like the combination of the light minty green and the purples. Really pleasing and not a combination often done!