Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Colors

Gorgeous weather arrived in San Francisco and did a very strange thing indeed: it stuck around for awhile. Not wanting to take it for granted, I jumped on the opportunity to get outside for a bit, meeting up for a coffee with local blogger and new-found friend Fawn on a spectacularly sunny late afternoon in Cole Valley. The weather being so very lovely, I wore my happiest color combination, bright blue and saturated orange.

I always layer this blue dress over something because of the wrap skirt, which flies open with pretty much zero provocation. This time it was my new orange and burgundy skirt, which added just a little bit of pattern and provided a good separation between the black tights and the dark dress. The shoes, with their white piping, felt really perfect to pair with the white-accented skirt.

Dress: F21
Cardigan: Solemio
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Skunkfunk
Shoes: BCBGirls

16 comments:

Aradia said...

This color combo is so vibrant … and yes, so happy! I love orange and blue but I’ve never tried them together. Maybe I should!

Rebecca said...

Very colorful! Peppy...and yes, like Aradia said, "Happy"!

Sheila said...

Oh, that's just lovely - I adore that deep rich shade of orange and that cobalt blue. Enjoy the sunshine!

Angeline said...

I love the way you layer your dresses. In fact you inspired me to try something similar yesterday (it's posted on my blog http://thenewprofessional.wordpress.com). This outfit is way cute--I love how the pattern peeks out as a fun surprise!

Fawn said...

I'm dying to see that patterned skirt in more detail -- quick, wear it over something!

Sal said...

Orange and blue were my high school colors, so I always shy away from the pairing. But you rock it so frequently and SO well!

Also that patterned skirt reminds me: I used you as an example in the lecture I gave to a group of federal employees yesterday! You showed them how to creatively layer.

Jen said...

I love this color combination! I made a quilt a few weeks ago with blue and orange - its so cheerful!

Jane W. said...

Oh, this outfit makes me happy! So vibrant!

gina said...

What a bright happy color combo. I love the patterned skirt just peeking out underneath the blue. You are a genius with the skirt layering.

Oranges And Apples said...

Excellent colours!

Anonymous said...

Go Gators! Um, sorry, a lame reference to my alma mater. I'm here to cop to taking your picture to my hair salon for your haircut. He did it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Karen in Paris

Work With What You've Got said...

Gorgeous. I continue to have zero luck layering dresses myself, but you just keep doing it so well!~

The Cheap Chick said...

I, too, love this color combo, because it reminds me of the Syracuse Orange(men) Basketball team... who sadly lost yesterday. Oh well! At least I can look at this cute outfit and imagine it was worn in their honor :)

BTW - I seriously covet those shoes.

Emily Kennedy said...

Oooh yeah! You always look so happy in your favorite color mix. And the burgundy and orange skirt is perfect underneath!

WendyB said...

I like the contrast with the outfit from your previous post! You do all looks.

kanishk said...

- I adore that deep rich shade of orange and that cobalt blue. Enjoy the sunshine!
home jobs without registration