Friday, March 26, 2010

Feeling Green



I was a day early for St. Patrick's Day with this oufit, but I just really felt like wearing green that day. I assure you that I did wear it again on the actual holiday, as will be evidenced by the next outfit post.

I loved how this outfit felt very springtime to me without being too pastel. The pattern across the shoulders of this cardigan saves it from washing me out, because it puts some color up near my face. Adding the belt was a great way to bring in some brown with which to tie in the shoes. I realize that this cardigan is really more of a winter pattern, but despite our recent glorious weather this time of year is still chilly enough overall that I'm calling it a spring item. Hell, I might try it on a foggy summer day too.

Cardigan, skirt: thrifted
Hoodie: from a local import store
Belt: Lazaro
Tights: MP (via Sock Dreams)
Shoes: Sofft

13 comments:

Eyeliah said...

I wore green right before St Pattys too, lol. :-)

tini said...

super cool, love the colours and the Zen aura of bamboo green.

Rebekah said...

sweet thrift finds! Also, I'm in love with your shoes.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love the outfit - it feels very 1940s.

Emily Kennedy said...

Yay! I think this is one of my favorite tops you own. That's weird, right? But for some reason it is just excellent. Especially with this lovely moss green skirt. Super yum.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

And here I thought you disliked springy clothing! That moss green skirt is gorgeous!

yublocka said...

I love the way your shoes and tights work together in this outfit - just gorgeous!!!

Maya said...

I found your blog about a week ago and have been addicted ever since. I like the idea of showing the world that geeks can have fashion sense too. Keep up the fun posts!

Renee said...

i love that skirt--it looks so comfortable, yet office-appropriate too. the stripe-gray tights are nice too--interest without overkill!

www.thriftypoet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt - just may have to construct one myself. I wore green a few days before St. Pat's (actually, I wear dark green at least once a week) & confused everyone at work as to what day it was.

I only recently figured out that adding a dark collar or necklace with a light top makes white & beige wearable for me too.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the mix of colors and patterns here - what a fabulous combination! And amazing vintage finds...absolutely stunning!! :)

Sheila said...

Love that green skirt! This is a perfect chilly spring day outfit (we get plenty of those up here). I love that hoodie, and the belt is a great finishing detail.

kanishk said...

super cool, love the colours and the Zen aura of bamboo green.
home jobs without registration