Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fake It

Alright, it's back to the outfit posts for a bit. I've been getting so many great comments, suggestions, and questions from the travel posts that I'll do a round-up in a few days. Until then, keep the contributions and questions coming! I'll do my best to answer all the questions, but if I need help I may put them out there for your input. Anyway, more to come on the travel front, and I'm curious if people would like seeing travel be a regular feature? If so, would you rather see travel how-to's and tips, write-ups on destinations, or a mixture of both? Click here to take a quick survey and let me know!


This outfit was selected for its soft, stretchy comfort. Though the wrap-style top of the dress is unflattering for my small bust, I can fake it by adding layers above and below. The teal tank top filled in the neckline, and the blazer covered most of the wrap section while still allowing a little of the pattern to show.


Blazer, dress: thrifted
Necklace: Manu Lizzaralde
Teal skirt: LA Made
Shoes: Art Shoes

14 comments:

orchidsinbuttonholes said...

I love this dress! The print is fantastic and I love how it plays off the pinstriped blazer.

I'd love if travel posts were a regular feature! I loved reading about your tips and thoughts - it's obvious it's a subject dear to your heart. I'd love to hear, too, about packing style and how it has differed on your various trips. I'm talking about shoes and bags, too!

Candycane said...

That sure is a lovely dress!!

CC xXx

Eyeliah said...

I've been dying to read your travel posts (so swamped) have them saved in favorites ( I needs to travel!!)

A-C said...

I've loved reading your travel posts and they really have made me want to take off. Unfortunately, right now isn't the best time for that, but I'm hoping for it to happen sometime soon.

The print on this dress is fabulous!

WendyB said...

Love the eyecatching print.

Emily Kennedy said...

This outfit is super cute. Good idea about the layering up top. I love the blazer on you.

wulanasihsetyarini said...

what a gorgeous dress
love the print..

kisses

http://wulanasihsetyarini.wordpress.com/

Healthy and Homemade said...

I think small busts are awesome, we can rock ours together and with pride! =P

Dianna said...

I just took your survey, but since I wasn't a member they wouldn't let me comment--so I'll comment here. One of the things that's obvious from your previous posts about traveling is that you shop on your trips. I'd really like to see you discuss how you find shops in new destinations (do you research or rely on serendipity?), what you look for, how you plan on getting all your purchases home, etc. Is your shopping philosophy different while traveling than when you're home?

Una said...

I love the outfit and the travel posts. I think it would be fun to see you or a guest write about specific travel destinations now and then, to inspire us. I'm headed to London in June!

Funny, I think wrap dresses are not flattering on large busts. Too much accidental cleavage and hiking up the front!

Roberta said...

I'm also interested in the intersection of travel and fashion. You've commented on specific items that hail from different trips (I had to look up Tulum), but I'd love to hear your take on cultural fashion. I noticed in Italy that most of the women wore a full face of makeup, and a heavy dose at that. How were you inspired by what you saw on your travels? I think of your style as 5% theatrical costume, 5% historical reference and 90% Audi, so I wonder how what you see becomes what you wear!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Love this outfit!

I don't know if you read The Glamourous Grad student, but her blog has a series called City Chic. I've written for it a couple of times, and it could be a great source of information for your readers who are interested in travel.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to share - I finally made an order to Sock Dreams. Great stuff. Thanks so much for the referral.

Academic Writer said...

Cannot get enough of those shoes!