Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Edgy

Here's my new haircut, a style that my hairdresser decided on after I told her I didn't really care, just make it sort of edgy. So she made the length asymmetrical and gave me both short and longer layers of bangs that I can either sweep over to one side or pile on top of one another. Plus she gave me lots of intense red with darker layers of almost-black underneath and woven throughout. I am once again awed by her skills; she gets my hair to do things I always figured it was incapable of.


Today's outfit is a menswear look inspired by this newly-thrifted skirt, which I scored for just $1.50 on the sale rack. I love that the asymmetrical ruffles go with the 'edgy' new haircut.


Shirt: Promod
Vest: A. Byer
Tie: thrifted
Skirt: thifted
Shoes: Tsubo

14 comments:

Eyeliah said...

I like it!

Deja Pseu said...

The hair is great and so is the ensemble!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love the new hair! That thrifted skirt is pretty awesome, too!

pattyannie said...

Love the hair. I would love to see a closeup shot of the hair.

Yellow Bells said...

i love your outfit. and the hair style is more than just right for it. :P

spottedroo said...

Really like the stripes, argyle, and ruffles combo. Nice mixing of masculine and feminine.

Sheila said...

I like the hair! I constantly struggle with mine - I hated my last haircut (it was rushed), and can't wait to get it done again.

I love that skirt - it goes beautifully with the more masculine look of the top half. Brava!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair! Love this one! I am inspired to rock this look because it will work with my body type...now I just have to find a skirt like that!
~Madeline

WendyB said...

Cute! I'm so bored with my hair length...but I keep it because it works well for doing different styles for special occasions. But on an everyday basis, it bores me!

Jac said...

I really like your edgy style, especially because you do it in an adult way. I guess I often think of edgy being a 21 year old girl but you manage it in a professional, adult way. Go you!

Diana said...

I love the new hair cut - it's edgy and modern without being over-the-top.

Science Chic said...

I love the new hair cut!

Clare said...

I love the haircut! And it goes so well with your outfit. So great!

Emily Kennedy said...

What a cool new skirt at such a great price! And the hair looks great!