Thursday, March 11, 2010

Casual Friday

This was a casual Friday outfit, but is very much something that I'd wear on a weekend day (and anyway, casual Friday doesn't mean a whole lot when people are already in jeans and t-shirts every damn day). This outfit features another newly-thrifted item, this Fair Isle cardigan sweater, as well as the thrifted J. Crew waffle weave top that I'm already wearing the crap out of. This top is going to be perfect for traveling, since it is light enough to be washed in the sink and dried overnight, and makes a perfect warm but not-too-warm layering base.

I loved how the pendant went so perfectly with the sweater, adding a different pattern but several of the same colors.

Sweater, top: thrifted
Jeans: Acne
Boots: eBay
Pendant: Foxy Originals

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I like this casual look - this has a similar vibe to what I like to do on weekends.

The sweater is gorgeous, and so is the pendant - I have a Foxy Originals necklace too (an "Enchanted Forest" design).

WendyB said...

I love Acne jeans.

Sal said...

Leave it to you to make Fair Isle look rocker-ish.

Miss said...

I recently found your blog through a link from another (I can't remember where, now), and I absolutely LOVE your outfits! They very much inspire me to start being more creative with my own, especially since I'm unable to work (immigration stuff, I'm an American married to a Canadian).

I just have to tweak some to accomodate my figure (which bears more resemblance to a 0 than an 8 :D), and a lower budget (thrifting, here I come). Not always easy, but doable! In the meantime, I'll continue to admire through my blog-reader. :)

Kristin said...

the boots are so great with this look - Nordic rockabilly :o)

The jeans wardrobe in my lab has definitely inspired me to dress differently. I feel so much brighter and awake, and yes, sometimes a little bit on the fringe, but it's better than blending right in and not being inspired. Shine on!

Wicked Thrifty- Formerly The Thrifty Stylist said...

my boss might well rob you on the street for those (she's been looking for green cowboy boots or fryes for years now).
hot shite, girl.

Sara Lynn said...

I love the sweater and the boots!

Emily Kennedy said...

Oooh YAY! An Audi jeans post! Such a rarity. And I love your thrifted sweater. It's way cute on you, especially with how you styled it.