Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lots Going On

It doesn't look like there's much to this outfit, but there are a lot of things going on here that make it just perfect for the cold, rainy weather we've been having lately. First off is the wool hat, which kept my hair from getting destroyed in the rain and kept my head warm at the same time. Next up is the angora-blend hoodie, which definitely added a lot of warmth and kept my arms covered. Finally, there are the multiple layers at work keeping my legs toasty: underneath are a pair of cotton leggings, over that are thigh-high argyle socks, and finally there are the boots to keep my legs dry.

Long socks over leggings is a staple for me in the winter, because while the combination keeps my legs warm under skirts and dresses, it doesn't make the foot section too thick to fit in my shoes. This was especially important for these boots, which have absolutely no extra wiggle room.





Hat: Seeberger
Hoodie: La Redoute
Dress: Orla Kiely
Socks & leggings: Sock Dreams
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

i think its really cute! sometimes i strggle to find outfits that are warm AND cute. You have a nice collection of good ideas here, thanks for sharing.

Lex S. said...

I'm in love with that dress! Great outfit!

Emily Kennedy said...

Long socks over boots is a great trick here in the snowy midwest as well.

Adorable as always Miss Lady. I love that you re-wear that dress. So few items in your closet get much re-wearing. I also love that, of the items that do, many of them are a bright red or red derivative. Win!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

That dress of yours is one of my faves and I love those argyle socks! As the amazing Emily Kennedy said, socks, tights, and boots layering is key here in the frigid Midwest, too.

Sal said...

Now THAT is some expert layering!

Lorena said...

Great dress.... living in a 2 season country (summer/rain) I sometimes wish it was cold so I could layer and wear boots and do all sorts of fun stuff, but then... I go back and think "it has to be REALLY cold..." and I just get back to my hot weather clothes.

Diana said...

I like the idea of layering long socks over leggings. And I continue to be in love with that Orla Kiely dress!

enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

La robe rouge est originale et décontractée.
Lilou