Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flashy




With this outfit I wanted to put together something that had sort of a 50's vibe. I thought the cuffed jeans were a good place to start, and the cropped cardigan, beret, and scarf were the perfect finishing touches. Not too overt, but it had the feel I was going for. My outerwear was my navy pickstitch coat from Tulle. As you may remember from way back in my Buyer's Remorse series, this coat was on my 'specific rules' list for quite some time: I was only allowed to buy another coat if it was a navy one. I found this one on a crazy sale for something like 12 bucks, and it's a great basic coat for mild winter days.


What's that on my hand, you ask? Oh, of course it's my Wendy Brandes for Frances swear rings! This outfit needed lots of flashy silver to give it some punch, and the rings fit the bill perfectly. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, which spotlights the rings again and is the first installment in a brand new series I'm kicking off this year!


Cardigan: Old Navy
Striped hoodie: ??
Scarf: Banana Republic
Rings: Wendy Brandes
Jeans: Acne
Shoes: Tsubo
Coat: Tulle

13 comments:

LPC said...

Audi - I'm here in the Bay Area. And am terribly lacking in the casual but cool outerwear department. Could I possibly prevail on you to post a list of resources? I always love your coats and jackets...Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Athenista said...

honestly couldn't even tell you how i clicked here but ohmygosh i LOVE the ensemble(s). so fun and put together! gonna have to Google Reader this.

Dizzy Miss Lissy said...

I really like this look. I feel like it fits my style perfectly, only I haven't worn it yet. ;] thanks for sharing~

Sheila said...

I F@#! that ring set...so jealous. *sigh* I just can't afford Wendy's gorgeous pieces.

You look adorable in this. Welcome back!

kateohkatie said...

Love this outfit! Every single element is awesome.

One question - how is that scarf tied? It's not one I'm familiar with, but I'm quite intrigued.

Kimberly said...

Stripes, a scarf and lots of flash - all of my fav things, pretty lady!

Sal said...

Very Parisian chic!

Em said...

I love your style!!!

Lorena said...

OOOO lala ! very French! How lovely ..

ANA said...

Ah, I STILL love those rings!! I think I would get in trouble for wearing them to work though. I need to work in a trendier office...

http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com

Diana said...

I love this outfit. It has a very French bohemian vibe to it.

Audi said...

LPC: See my reply to your comment on my 'Feel the Teal' post.

kateohkatie: It's funny you ask, because I was just thinking about making a video to demo that and another of my favorite scarf tying methods. I definitely will now, as soon as I figure out how to enable the sound on my camera. Stay tuned!

kanishk said...

I really like this look. I feel like it fits my style perfectly, only I haven't worn it yet. ;] thanks for sharing~

french lingerie