Friday, January 15, 2010

Equestrian Romantic

Hooray, I made it to Friday! I thought this week was never gonna end, seriously. Now if I could just get rid of this pounding headache...

This style is one I call Equestrian Romantic; I used to wear stuff like this a lot more frequently, but lately I seem to be drawn to edgier looks. However, this style still continues to crop up in my wardrobe because it's feminine and somewhat classic. And I'll be honest; it's also pretty much a no-brainer to put together when it's 8:15 on a Monday morning and I didn't bother to put together an outfit the night before. Full skirts, fitted and belted cardigans, and low-heeled boots are a great combo that's both comfortable and warm. For other looks I've worn that have a similar vibe, check out this post, this one, this one, and reaching waaay back into the vaults there's this one.

With this outfit I folded up the sleeves of the cardigan in order to expose the pretty lace-trimmed cuffs on the shirt. This also allowed me to push the sleeves up to my elbows if I wanted, which is something I tend to do with long-sleeved shirts.

I'm off to enjoy the long weekend. I really appreciate having Martin Luther King Jr. Day off because it softens the blow of the long Christmas and New Year's holiday being over. I'll be back on Tuesday with a post on how to jazz up corporate wear in more conservative work environments. Have a great weekend everyone!

Top: a gift from my mom (thanks, Mom!)
Cardigan: a gift from my sister (thanks, sis!)
Belt: from a Noa Noa sweater
Skirt: La Redoute
Boots: Miz Mooz

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

A-C said...

Dude, did you read my mind about asking you to do a creative conservative post?

This outfit is gorgeous, by the way. I love the romantic look of the lace and boots.

Deja Pseu said...

LOVE this look on you, and looking forward to Tuesday's post.

Chelsea said...

oooh that cranberry color is just divine on you! and I love this equestrian look... warm, feminine, perfectly proportioned, and definitely classic!

looking forward to your next post. and, it would be fabulous to meet up sometime, audi! i only know of a few bay area fashion bloggers... do you have any you'd recommend I check out?

Alisha said...

What a classic, beautiful outfit! Haha, in my last post I was talking about how I love your style, even though most of your outfits aren't something I'd put together myself, but I'd totally wear this one.

KrissyBell said...

I love this outfit, but any idea how I could do something similar without the collar shirt?

bekster said...

I like it. I especially love how the colors in the outfit work with your hair color (or the other way around...).

BTW, I was going to comment on yesterday's post, but I overwhelmed myself a bit. Basically, I thought the article you linked to was brilliant. We're all starving for interaction, but actually taking measures to get it is bothersome... so we don't do it. I know for myself, even when I am with people in person, I often have a hard time feeling the connection that I really want with the people because I don't know how. (Wow, that sounds so sad. I don't mean it quite so badly, but I am numbed by "false" interactions enough that it affects the real world for me.) I am a much more effective communicator through e-mail than I am in person because I have the space to think. In person, I am not nearly as articulate. Still, I do want people to know the "real me," faults and all, so neither in person NOR online interactions by themselves actually cut it... For someone to know me REALLY, there should be both kinds of interaction.

OH, and I DID buy a hat. :) I'm still a little iffy about it, but my grandmother and my husband both like it. I should be posting pictures to my blog soon...

Stephanie P. said...

I really love this outfit, especially the color of the sweater. Now I am inspired to see if I have anything in my closet to create a similar look.

Lisa said...

I love this outfit! The colors are so great together. Hope you're having a good long weekend.

Sheila said...

I've been wearing this sort of look and didn't even know it! :) Now I have a name, thank you.

I love the links to your old outfits. Sometimes it's fun to look back. It's also nice to know you're a bit lackadasical about picking your outfits too!

Diana said...

I like this outfit a lot. It's definitely a classic look, and those boots are gorgeous!

Luinae said...

This is defenitely one of my favourite looks of yours- it's something I could pull off!

gypsyariana said...

I don't have much to say, other than I absolutely love this look! Just fabulous!

Fabulous MaryAnn said...

I really adore everything about this outfit. I just started reading your blog (and fashion blogs in general), and am enjoying it a great deal.

Audi said...

Chelsea: I don't know too many bay area bloggers either, but I'm sure we can get several together if we spread the word. Shoot me an email if you want to set something up -- audi@coastside.net.

KrissyBell: Sure, this outfit would totally work with something other than a button-down. A cowl-neck top would look great, as would something that ties at the neck. This look would also work well with a wrap-style sweater instead of a button-down cardigan.