Monday, January 25, 2010

Casual and Dressy

Here's another Girls' Night Out Sharks-watching outfit, this one from last week's game versus the Boston Bruins. The Sharks ended up losing in a shootout that night, but the game was still fun to watch, especially since Laura and I have now found our ideal viewing location.

This outfit is made up of two skirts underneath the sweatshirt. The gray skirt has a folded waistband that I simply unfolded and hiked up like a strapless dress; the sweatshirt kept the skirt from falling down. This had to be one of the comfiest outfits ever, since all the layers were stretchy and soft, with no constriction anywhere. I liked the combination of casual and dressier elements in this outfit, and I loved the feel of it so much that I decided to remix this skirt combo again for a work outfit, which I'll be posting in a couple of days. I've also worn this configuration before, in this outfit.

Go Sharks!




Sweatshirt: NHL Store
Grey skirt: S
Teal skirt: LA Made
Boots: Modern Vintage

7 comments:

Oranges And Apples said...

Genius skirt layering!

Kimberly said...

It's so fun to see you do casual/sporty!

Sal said...

Utterly adorable.

Chelsea said...

your casual looks always inspire me, and that's where I need it the most! I've gotten really used to dressing up for work (even when I don't need to), but when the weekend rolls around my jeans + tshirt look feels... boring. so, thanks for the inspiration!

C said...

I some how missed it the first time you layered them. I am in LOVE, LOVE with those two together. Todays look is cute and spunky.

WendyB said...

Anything that's creatively held together as you did with the skirt would make me soooooo nervous. I'm always plucking at things that might move (thereby making them move.)

My word verification is "weight." Is that a hint? ;-)

Emily Kennedy said...

Aw! Showing your Shark pride. Last night my sweetie and I watched our Kansas Jayhawks trounce one of our two rivals: the Missouri Tigers. Oh glorious games!