Friday, January 29, 2010

8 Curses

Here's my All Saints "7 Curses" dress, with its intricate pattern of skulls, snakes, and other voodoo symbols. I just couldn't resist adding my Wendy Brandes swear rings and making it 8 Curses.


























During a meeting at work that day, I looked up from taking notes and noticed someone looking at my rings. An appreciative, laughing smile and knowing looks were exchanged; turns out there are some cool people in this place after all, at least cool enough to admire fantastic, cheeky jewelry.

This dress is great for layering because its soft, sheer texture allows it to drape really well over a skirt. With this outfit I added a long-sleeved t-shirt for warmth, and the cape-jacket for shaping and to balance out the fullness of the skirt. The blend of subtle blue shades and neutrals is great for winter, but I'm also looking forward to how I can style this dress with brighter colors when the weather is warmer.

Jacket: F21
Shirt: H&M
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Dress: All Saints
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: All Black
Rings: Wendy Brandes

17 comments:

Charlie said...

Love this look, the jacket and the dress together are gorgeous. And the moment with the rings sounds so nice :)

WendyB said...

Next time you see someone looking at the rings SELL YOURS and we'll get you another set! Gotta grow the customer base :-)

Sara Lynn said...

You are so cute!! I love the rings and that dress, awesome!

Karin said...

I think you have a beautiful silhouette in this outfit. I see the skirt is from noa noa. I love noa noa. Unfortunately there aren't many shops here that sell their clothes. I'm still looking around to see if I can find some online. Anyway, you look gorgeous!

Linda said...

I'm not sure I was feeling that dress before, but I love this outfit in every possible way. So much going on, yet looks completely organic.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I have to have those rings once the shopping ban is over! I love them so much!

Eyeliah said...

hehe, great pairing!

Emalise said...

I absolutely love those rings! Now I know where my next paycheck will want to go!

wardrobeexperience said...

amazing layering! you look as great as always!


www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

j.p. said...

This is why I look at [a few] fashion blogs. Ahhh.

j.p. said...

Oops, words aren't my forte. That was a praise.

Julia said...

Hi, I'm new to this blog, but I love your style. A question: I recently moved back to the US from France and I miss Promod terribly. Are there Promod stores in the US? You have lots of Promod things!

Diana said...

I love how your personality shines in every one of your outfits! And it's so awesome that people at your workplace can appreciate cheeky jewelry.

Sara Lynn said...

Hey I tagged you with an award! please come by my blog to pick it up!

Karen Karlsen said...

Are you goin' all Wiccan on us?

Audi said...

Julia: Alas, no -- all my Promod stuff is from abroad. I wish I could get it here!

Sara Lynn: Thanks so much! I will stop by your blog ASAP.

enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Jolie jupe.
Lilou