Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yes You Can

As an avid hat enthusiast and milliner, I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I can't wear hats." Well, I'm here to tell you that yes, you can. Oh sure, there are those rare people out there; you know, the People Who Can't Wear Hats*. But I suspect that their relative numbers are roughly the same as the proportion of narcoleptics versus People Who Just Like to Sleep A Lot (I'll freely admit to being among the latter category). So if you're one of those People Who *Think* They Can't Wear Hats, why not pop over and check out the guest post I wrote for Already Pretty, and see if I can change your mind?

* I think we need to invent a word for these poor folks.

8 comments:

A-C said...

Audi, I actually have a super cute hat that I bought recently but I'm not sure how to wear it. Can you help me?


http://lawschoolfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sal said...

How about "headwear impaired"?

The Seeker said...

As I told Sal it's a great post, thank you for sharing all those tips, I'm a hats lover :)
Congrats

xoxo

notSupermum said...

What about millinerphobics? I know, because try as I might I always end up looking like a mad woman when I wear a hat.

Virago said...

I appreciate your hat enthusiasm more than I can say. Somehow, wearing something on one's head that's not a) a baseball cap or b) something to keep off the snow and/or rain has become a sign that one is a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic. Especially where I live, in New England, home of androgyny-wear (think lots of fleece). Feh.

Reading your blog gives me the inspiration to let my freak flag fly. Muchas gracias.

jennine said...

I'm going to go for capaphobe
!
It's a silly thing to fear, it's like those people who say 'i can't wear the color _______" anyone can wear any color provided it's the right tint/tone/shade

Anonymous said...

I think hats are like red lipstick. Every woman can wear a hat (or red lipstick) provided it's the right shape (or shade of red). I've found my hats--now if I can find a red lipstick that stops being so PINK...

I used to be afraid of hats! I am glad I saw the light finally.

Lauryn said...

I agree, anyone can wear a hat! I love hats. Being a hat collector myself, I always encourage people to wear them when they get the chance!I hope one day I'll be able to purchase one of your lovely creations. :)