Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shades of Purple



It was fun to put this outfit together if for no other reason than to see how many different shades of purple I could get in there. The jacket, the sweater, the tank top, the tulle skirt, and the shoes are all slightly different shades, which I think made this outfit really interesting despite the fact that the palette is limited to just two main colors.

This olive skirt transitioned easily into wintertime with the addition of the tulle skirt underneath. Though the overall length of the olive skirt is long, it opens quite far in the front and would be way too cold to wear without a layer underneath. The tulle was the perfect length and added a textural element, and then what could possibly be better than ruffles plus tulle??


The featured outerwear today is the beautiful leather jacket I brought home from Paris last year (I told you I buy a lot of coats when I travel!). It's lined with a dense padded lining topped with a layer of silk, making it far warmer than a typical leather jacket.

Jacket: Zadig & Voltaire
Sweater: Free People
Tank: Rapsodia
Scarf: Duke et Duchesse
Belt: Oscar de la Renta
Olive skirt: Heathen
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Eject

16 comments:

Tina said...

I love every single detail! It is fantastic! What you do with tulle is amazing.....

Emily Kennedy said...

Oooh, tons of delicious purple! And you chose to mix it with olive: excellent!

Ecc3ntricCynic said...

My favorite color combination! That jacket is awesome.

Healthy and Homemade said...

the jacket rocks!

SoulMate Coach Crystal said...

That skirt is calling my name!

Aradia said...

The layered skirts look kind of Victorian with those ruffles. I love the effect and the color scheme too.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Wishing you love, luck, health, wealth and happiness in 2010.

Oranges And Apples said...

I always love your skirts! Happy New Year!

Kimberly said...

Love this!! And that jacket is seriously amazing!

Kasmira said...

Gorgeous! And I love the ruffly skirt.

sanjeet said...

The layered skirts look kind of Victorian with those ruffles. I love the effect and the color scheme too.

Work from home India

WendyB said...

The skirt action is awesome. Love the unexpected color combo.

Eyeliah said...

You do a great job disecting an describing your outfits. This is so fab.

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit on you. I swear, I don't know how you come up with all of these outfit ideas. You're a genious, and very stylsh. You have a brave stylish-ness because you are not afriad to take chances, and that gives your readers the idea to take chances too.
Ofcourse I am not a pro like you. I'm still taking baby steps at this style thing.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love this! Purple is my fave!

Corrine/Frock And Roll said...

Oh, your outfit is AMAZING! I am particularly smitten with your scarf, too. Skull print anything is one of my favourites!