Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looks Like a Vest

I snuck that waist cincher corset of mine into work another outfit, and as expected not one person noticed. To be fair, I suppose it does sort of look like a vest when the jacket is layered over it. I wore the jacket all day, so no one was ever the wiser. I liked how the pinstripes in the jacket play nicely against the piping on the corset.

I've been wearing so much brown and black lately that I decided to throw in these orange argyle tights just to get some color in there. I thought the shoes were a good way to bring a little splash of lighter color into the bottom half of the outfit.

Jacket: thrifted
Top: H&M
Corset: Xcentricities
Skirt: from my sister
Tights: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Art Shoes

6 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Pshaw. At least one person probably noticed it was a corset, but what would he/she say to that effect? "Oh, wow, that's a corset?!" No. It's hard to talk to people about fashion. Plus it's kind of gauche, if the person hasn't requested input.

Nonetheless, it's an awesome corset.

A-C said...

so I went to Ann Taylor Loft today and totally saw a jacket that immediately reminded me of you: http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=22146&Nr=AND%28CAT_SALE_FLAG:Y%29&N=1200049&pCategoryId=3364&categoryId=274&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_274&loc=TN&defaultColor=Black&defaultSizeType=Regular

If they had had it in store in my size I would have gotten it. Alas, such was not the case.

I love the corset by the way.

Sheila said...

I love that you got away with that (again!) at work!

Those tights are awesome!

DDog said...

I have those tights! They called to me on Sock Dreams and I had to have them. Who could resist orange argyle tights?

sanjeet said...

If they had had it in store in my size I would have gotten it. Alas, such was not the case.

Work from home India

wardrobeexperience said...

I'm still in love with your corset. gorgeous outfit. fun socks...