Monday, December 14, 2009

Hardware

The first time I wore this skirt it occurred to me that I could try it layered this way, so I finally gave it a try. By opening up one of the functional zippers, I was able to let a little of the gored tulle skirt pop out at the hemline and create some movement and depth. I liked how the soft, nude pink softened all the saturated stripes and dark neutrals.

This skirt was an excellent buy from Gilt (although Mark likes to refer to it as Guilt, which I have to admit is pretty damn funny). It's really hit or miss on there; sometimes the 'sale' price is still in the thousands of dollars range and all I can do is ogle the offerings and try not to drool too much; other times I've found a gorgeous, quality piece for under 200 bucks, or even less. Either way, it's fun to peruse the selections each day and look at all the beautiful designer clothes and accessories.

I wore a lot of rings that day, which someone at work actually noticed. I guess I was inspired by all the hardware on the skirt and belt; I felt like I needed some on my hands too.

Jacket: F21
Shirt: H&M
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Shoes: Tsubo

13 comments:

LPC said...

*Lightbulb* Have you ever thought of designing clothes for a living? Or is it something that doesn't appeal despite your obvious talent?

Deja Pseu said...

I love the fresh perspective you bring to your wardrobe pieces. You see what could be, and ask "why not?" ;-)

Sheila said...

Very pretty! I like the rocker look of the striped skirt contrasted with the softer, feminine tulle skirt and the floofy (um, sure that's a word!) top.

Sal said...

Hahaha. "Guilt." So true.

And that skirt was for sure a great buy. With all it's got going on, I'm sure you'll find a million ways to style it.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

You look fantastic! I love the colors of the skirts together, too!

Chelsea said...

okay now this is just fan-freaking-tastic. the tulle looks like it was made and attached to that skirt intentionally!

and the jacket is great on top! audi, you amaze me with your wardrobe and style. I love it!

Kelly said...

Really love the skirt layering! Perfect idea!

wardrobeexperience said...

I love everything about this outfit!

Esz said...

Holy crap! I love your blog!!! Found you via Vogue Australia forum and wooooww love your style! Your shoes! Eeee :-)))

Diana said...

I love the way you opened up the zipper a bit to let the tulle show through.

Anonymous said...

Mixing the skirts is genius!

Audi said...

LPC: The reason that designing clothes doesn't really appeal to me is that frankly, I don't much like sewing. The small amount that I do for the hats is fine, but all that measuring, pinning, cutting, and all the rest is excruciating. Though maybe it wouldn't be so dreadful if I were better at it...


Esz: Wow, Vogue Australia forum -- cool! Welcome to the blog!

Healthy and Homemade said...

I seriously love that jacket, I should just buy it already! Who knows if it's even available anymore, I shouldn't check lol =/