Monday, December 7, 2009

Enthralled

Let's get right to the heart of the matter here: this post is all about these amazing new Eject boots, which I am absolutely enthralled with. I discovered this brand randomly on Endless and was immediately thrilled at seeing styles that are every bit as interesting and imaginative as the Fluevogs that I also adore. I wasn't familiar with Eject shoes before, but after poking around a bit I found a few reviews that sounded encouraging. Cheap they most certainly are not, but once I opened the box I knew they were worth every penny. Soft supple leather, beautiful detailing, and an ideal fit mean that these shoes are going to get a lot of use. I'm very glad I took the plunge and ordered them.

The shoes are made in Portugal and are just loaded with interesting details: aged, crinkle-texture leather, satin laces, and amazing sculptural heels. Many of Eject's other styles have equally imaginative features that really set them apart from ordinary shoes (I included some photos of other Eject styles at the bottom of the post). To me these shoes have elements of runway fashion but are still very wearable; in fact, these were comfortable right out of the box. I am definitely adding Eject to my list of favorite brands.

I actually left the house wearing my gray Fly London boots, but knowing that these shoes would be waiting for me in my office, I wore this outfit so that I could change into them once I got there. I'm thinking this might be a great way to get more use out of my shoes -- take an extra pair and change them midday. Eventually I could plan my work day just like a stage performance, and have several costume changes. Now THAT might turn some nerdy heads!

Cardigan: S
Necklace: a handmade gift from Sal
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Dress: J. Crew
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Eject

Below are some other beautiful styles from Eject. Coming later this week, I've got an entire post dedicated to shoes -- a tour of my own collection, and how to build a collection of your own.


22 comments:

Just_Fee said...

oh my god!
Those have got to be the coolest crazyest shoes ever, I LOVE all of them!!!

E.C. said...

Those shoes are to die for! I'm considering buying the red/floral print boots, they're eye-catching as well.

Ashe Mischief said...

These are GLORIOUS, Audi! Oh.my.god. I really feel I have to check them out immediately. Also, your outfit is stunning. I love how vibrant it is, how strong it is, without being too much.

Della said...

Eeek! They (THE BOOTS) are absolutely dreamy. And the heel? Amazing!

Ecc3ntricCynic said...

Loving the shoes!~

Sheila said...

I gasped aloud when I saw those - LOVE! There's a shop here in town that carries this brand (I recognize them by the heels), and I am going to have to keep a watch out for sales on them.

I am excited to see your shoe collection! Ooh! Excitement!

Lex S. said...

Wow! Those boots are gorgeous! I might just have to check out that brand out too...

Kiki said...

You keep me coming back to see your shoes and boots! I'd love to see your boots all lined up in a row (or two). *ah* shoes.

Anonymous said...

I'm enthralled with those Eject boots too. You are going to have fun with those.
Audi, I am interested in learning hat making. Where should I start? I found a CD Rom copy of a millenery book written way back for women to learn, and teach hat making. It seemed very thourough. Do you think that would be a good start?
Thanks, San

notSupermum said...

Those boots are so *you* Audi.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love John Fluevogs, and these Eject boots are also glorious! I might buy a pair if I ever get a permanent academic position....

Sal said...

Whew, those are some fantastically sculptural designs! What a great find, lady.

And I'm so excited to read your advice on building a shoe wardrobe. I've amassed mine so willy-nilly ...

Linda said...

Ack! My bank account hates you for revealing this awesomeness! What is the calf circumference like on the boots? I love Fluevog boots but they never fit my (big) calves.

bekster said...

Wow!!!

And I'm excited to read about your shoes. I know I need a lot of help in that area...

Angela said...

Have you tried La Canadienne boots? I recently found these and was drooling: http://www.zappos.com/la-canadienne-rumer-brown-leather

Not as adventurous, to be sure, but I thought you might dig 'em.

You look nice today!

Audi said...

San: Unless you're talking about making sewn hats (which, if you're already good at sewing, are apparently not that hard), it will definitely be easiest to learn if you can find someone who offers lessons, because you really need to have access to all the equipment. Depending on where you're located, it may or may not be easy to find millinery classes; I know when I took my original class with Wayne Wichern, most of the other attendees had flown in from somewhere else. Millinery is a dying art form, I'm afraid. I don't know how easy it would be to learn from a CD-ROM; I imagine you'd come away with an understanding of the basic concepts, but without access to the equipment and materials I'm not sure you'd get very far. It would be a start, though, and perhaps a good way of finding out if you want to invest the time and money for an in-person class. Good luck! If you want more info on the class I took, just email me; my profile has a 'contact me' link, now that I finally fixed it.

Linda: On this particular pair, the calf size is totally adjustable because of the laces in the front. I agree that the Fluevogs are really small in the calf.

Anglea: I don't own any La Canadiennes, though I've seen several styles that have caught my eye. It's definitely a brand that's on my radar.

Diana said...

Those boots are stunning!

Una said...

I saw these on Endless a while ago - they are gorgeous and look like they are made for you with your wonderful style! Sadly, they are out of my price range...

Emily Kennedy said...

Oooh I can't wait for your entire post on shoes. If it's as awesome as your belt tutorial, it's going to be insanity.

Jael Paris said...

I have to tell everyone about this brand! So cool!

meegiemoo said...

I just bought those Eject boots. So funky. I also recently won a pair of Fluevog Buffy Flame boots on ebay. I coveted them for years.

Love your shoe post too.

wardrobeexperience said...

beautiful outfit. love the mixing of blue and red...