Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween a Go-Go

Here's the costume I wore to work on Friday -- as you can see I really didn't have to dig very deep into my wardrobe to put this outfit together. In fact, the tights were really all I needed to buy. This costume was the result of not having a lot of time, and wanting an excuse to wear these shiny silver go-go boots to work just once.

Also, it took me about 2 hours to swap the background out on this photo. Clearly I am no Photoshop wizard. I like how it turned out though; I always loved those shows with the go-go dancers in front of the swirling, kaleidoscope background.

For my makeup, I worked from this photo of Twiggy. I couldn't duplicate her sad, pouty expression because whenever I try to look serious in photos I end up looking either pissed off or like I'm about to puke; however, I did take a close-up and convert it to black and white, in order to have a reasonable comparison with the original. The make-up was considerably easier than I thought it'd be, although it helps that I'm fairly adept with liquid eyeliner anyway.

I was amused by the fact that several people told me that this costume wasn't all that different from the stuff I wear every day. I think I need to channel Twiggy more often.

Dress, necklace: vintage
Earrings: from a Prague street vendor
Bangles: a gift from Sal
Tights: Leg Avenue
Boots: Mia

16 comments:

WendyB said...

You look great -- and I was just writing about my problem with serious expressions in my last post!

LPC said...

But this outfit shows off your fitness, as Fergie would say. Looks great.

Suz said...

You are just so fabulous! And I LOOOOVE the haircut.

jennine said...

i reaaaaly love the eyelash detail you added, i've been thinking alot about that myself. but your costume is so much fun!!!!

notSupermum said...

You look fab!

Deja Pseu said...

Fantastic! LOVE the background and those silver boots. I'm old enough to remember friends' older sisters painting on those lower lashes!

Eyeliah said...

super cute, 2 hours or not it was worth it - great pic! I coulda done that for my office outfit, lol.

Ashe Mischief said...

Fantastic job! Did you cut your hair or just slick/tuck it back? It looks really great in the pixie form...

bekster said...

Very cool.

Clare said...

Love the eyelash detail. You look so adorable!

Sal said...

Woo hoo! What a fantabulous costume. The makeup is spot-on, and I adore those boots.

Sheila said...

I love when vintage make-up is done for a costume (I copied Mae West's one year) - you did a spectacular job!

Love the dress and crazy tights (I have some like those!) - but the boots are awesome!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Fantastic. The black and white pic is gorgeous.

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love it! Twiggy's awesome.
P.S. I'm putting together a blogger meet up in Seattle on the 20th. Shoot me an e-mail (thenewclotheshorse@yahoo.com) if you'd be interested in attending.

Lorena said...

Too cool... i love the make up !

GeekGirl said...

That's a pretty awesome outfit. I love that dress, and the tights/shoes definitely make the outfit!