Monday, November 23, 2009

Double Drape

I'm back from Seattle, where Jess and I had a wonderful time at the Blog Meet Blog party, organized by Rebecca The Clothes Horse and Kam from Needle + Thread. I only wish I hadn't been in the very worst phase of a bad cold (which I am still fighting), because I feel I would've been a bit more social and talked to more people if I hadn't been feeling so crummy. Sick as I was, I also neglected to take more than a couple of photos; I'll post my scant photographic record later this week, but in the meantime you may see a couple people you recognize over on this post. It was really nice to get out and meet some fellow bloggers, and the party location, at modern design store BoConcept, was just amazing. More about the meet-up later, but right now I need chicken soup and a cup of hot tea, stat.

Here's an outfit from last week, in which I went for a double-drape look by layering a smaller cowl top underneath the larger cowl of this orange dress. The top underneath helped to fill in the wide neck opening of the dress and bring in an additional shade of purple.

Top: thrifted
Dress: Skunkfunk
Belt: Lazaro
Skirt: Fiorini Wichmacki
Boots: Fly London

15 comments:

Clare said...

I love the drapiness, and the colors are so lovely and fun!

gina said...

I love love love the colors in this!

bekster said...

You really do have a knack for layering.

Hope you feel better...

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I really like the colors here, especially the belt! I hope you get well soon!

Ecc3ntricCynic said...

sweet color combination, love the belt especially.

Oranges And Apples said...

I love this outfit! That orange makes me happy! Skunkfunk is always great!

Magatha-May said...

I love this on you, you look so comfy and cozy and the colours are so beautiful on you.

Diana said...

I love the layering and the amazing colors in this outfit.

Sal said...

Layered cowls? You really are a master. So sorry to hear you were illin' for the get-together ... hope you're well and rested for Thanksgiving.

A-C said...

I also love the color combination, good job! Also--the layered cowls is fantastic and so creative. You're a style guru for sure.

Eyeliah said...

I tried so hard to go to the meet up (I'm in Vancouver) would have liked to meet you. :-)

Diana said...

I couldn't find a contact button, so I figured I'd ask my question on here. I'm working on a post for my blog featuring different color combinations using orange. i was wondering if I could include several of your outfits? I would link all photos back to your blog and give you credit.
Let me know if that's alright. Thanks :)

Audi said...

Diana: Of course; use whatever photos you'd like! I'll have to check on the contact button, because other people have told me they couldn't figure out how to contact me.

Alli said...

Love those double-cowls... I never would have thought of that, but it looks so drapey and comfy. Great colors, too. And I like the cutouts on that belt.

Kari said...

This is beautiful - I never would have thought of two cowl-necked tops working well together. I'll have to see if I have tops that would work with this look.

That's neat that you were in Seattle! (I am not too far away.) I hope that you had a wonderful visit.