Thursday, October 15, 2009

Latvian Socks

Sweater weather has returned; this wool cardigan hasn't seen the light of day for many, many months. It wasn't quite cool enough for both a sweater and tights, so I opted for these knee high linen socks instead. Linen socks, you ask? Yes, and not just any linen socks either -- these were handmade in Latvia, a country known for it's quality linen. I bought them from a street vendor in Riga. I should really wear these more, but I need to figure out a better way of holding them up than simply covering them with boots.

Cardigan: Noa Noa
Belt: from a fdiffernt Noa Noa cardi
Skirt: La Redoute
Boots: Bata

9 comments:

gina said...

Hollywood tape!

I love your outfit today! The pattern on the sweater is so pretty, the skirt is great, the blues look pretty with the skirt and I love the boots and socks with the skirt.

lorena said...

That cardigan's pattern is a true work of art - lovely.

Marley said...

I always like your outfits. But I am also seriously digging your hair color. Can you do a closer shot so I can see how your highlights are placed? (I'm sorry,is that totally weird? I just want new highlights and yours look like what I want)

Sal said...

Sounds like some sock garters are in order! And did I mention that I LOVE the new hair? LOVE.

Gerna said...

Sock dreams has sock glue in stock.

Julie G. said...

Beautiful sweater!
Now for the sock dilemma... you could go 18th-century-style and use small garters that look like belts or sashes.
Check out one of my favorite stores, www.jas-townsend.com for great 18th and 19th century reproduction items.
Love your blog and great fashion ideas!

Jenni said...

Sock dreams also has sock garters - they're adorable! :D

The Thrifty Stylist said...

lovely as always- is the underlayer of the skirt attached or another skirt or petticoat?

Sheila said...

Great look on you - I love the blue cardi.