Monday, September 7, 2009

Swingin' Birthday Bash

Happy birthday to me! Well, not quite. My birthday is not until the 9th, but since my friends Laura, Dann and I have birthdays that are close together and are all celebrating a 'big' one this year, we decided to have a combo birthday bash the weekend before last. And what a bash it was! Because we we're both turning 40 and figured we could get away with it, Laura and I decided to really go all-out with our birthday getups. This is what I put together.

Of course I made the hat myself, and Mark made the belt (it's for sale in the shop, in fact). The shirt is the amazing one from All Saints that I mentioned the other day. The back of the shirt is bustled and fits so well with the bloomers.

Not to be outdone, Laura wore a silver and black, besequined outfit topped off with a viking helmet. Pretty much everyone had worn the viking helmet by the end of the night, including my mom (see below). Mom flew down from Oregon to attend our swingin' bash, and my awesome friends Jess, Lisa, and Jessica came down from Seattle. Yes, that's the same Jess who has now turned right around and flown to Argentina with me. Not only that, but my friend Susie surprised me by coming out from Minneapolis for the event! Truly, I am blessed with some wonderful friends.



Our party was held at the fabulous Ambassador here in San Francisco. We had the mezzanine level to ourselves, including our own bar and wait staff. The best part of the evening was that after it was all over I was still 39! Now I just have to figure out how I want to celebrate my actual birthday; I have a feeling it won't be too hard to find something fun to do in Buenos Aires.

17 comments:

Clare said...

Oh my gosh LOVE the hat! So much fun!! Happy birthday, Audi!

Ashe Mischief said...

You look amazing! You & Mark are quite the talented pair, obviously.

Stephanie N. said...

You just keep outdoing yourself. Love the hat!

WendyB said...

More people should wear Viking hats. Just because.

Leah said...

Happy birthday! I totally love the hat.

LPC said...

You are beyond adorable. Happy Birthday.

Jane Winkler said...

This is the first time I've seen a photo of you with teeth! You have a beautiful smile.

Sheila said...

Happy 40th, Audi! Welcome to the club. ;)

You look beautiful - so fab and funky.

Mishy said...

happy early bday. i'll be joining you in the 40-club next year. that's ok, we still look hot!

Jen said...

I love the outfit. You look amazing!

What a great way to start your fourtieth year. Happy birthday!

Jennifer Nicole
(Jen at AwakenedAesthetic.com)

Penny said...

Truly amazing:) Happy early Birthday!

Eyeliah said...

Fun! Happy 9/9/9 Birthday tomorrow!

Deja Pseu said...

You definitely look like the life of the party! Great outfit, but especially... GREAT HAT!!!

Happy 40th on 09/09/09!!!

The Seeker said...

Happy Birthday, dear!!!!!!
All the best!!

xoxox

Funny pictures, seems you had a lot of fun

ambika said...

Happy belated birthday!

lsaspacey said...

That CANNOT be your mom!? Really? I had to read that twice. I would swear that was a contemporary. Tell her she looks like your sister, cause she looks fab!

saje said...

I did not see a Mom in the pictures. I'll have to go back and look again. She must look very young like you.
Happy birthday Audi. I love your blog.
I honestly thought you were going to say you were turning 30. You look so dewy fresh. Great skin!