Sunday, September 13, 2009

Outfit Catch-up from Buenos Aires

At last Jess and I have internet access in our Buenos Aires apartment, so I'll first catch you up on all our outfits. Tomorrow I'll show you some of our purchases, and after that I'll bring you a post on this wonderful city we've been exploring. As you'll see in the photos below, most of my outfits have been variations on the same theme, since I brought a very limited wardrobe with me. Jess has been a little more prolific a shopper so far, adding several new items and completely transforming her travel wardrobe. I did, however, buy an adorbale, handmade pair of shoes that look like 1950's bowling shoes; they're in several of the photos below.

Besides all the shopping, we've been dining out a lot and have had some of the most delicious steak I've ever tasted. We've discovered some great music that we hadn't heard before, seen a tango show (as well as tango dancing on the street), and have explored most of the neighborhoods in the city. Tomorrow we're heading across the bay to Uruguay for a couple days, to relax and escape from the frenzy of the city.

For now I'll just let the outfit photos speak for themselves, and do a recap of how my travel wardrobe served me after I get back.









11 comments:

fröken lila said...

you're lucky to go on holidays with a friend who has the same shoesize as you (apparently)! this expands your shoeoptions a lot!

Stephanie N. said...

This really makes me want to go on a trip with a female friend one day. You too are just so darned cute together!

Kat Gregory said...

It's great to see two women traveling together and looking so hip. Please share with us the fashion trends you are observing in Argentina and Uruguay.

Leah said...

You ladies rock...I envy you. You seem to be having a fabulous time.

gritts said...

Buenos Aires is amazing!! If you want some beautiful handmade shoes check out Josefina Ferroni's store in Palermo. I want to go back to BA just so I can buy some more of her shoes.

i_b_erin said...

sounds awesome!

Love the "bowling" shoes!!!

Diana said...

Are you two sisters? Because if you aren't, you could easily pass for it, both in looks and style.

Eyeliah said...

Thanks for the update cuties, and gorgeous apartment!

ayan said...

I LOVE that black skirt thing with the green piping. More details on it later, puh-lease!

Rebecca said...

Buenos Aires is a really cool place to buy clothes!
You have lots of stores in Palermo, Recoleta, Flores, Once…. And so on!
I spent a great time last month in Buenos Aires. I rented a furnished apartment in Recoleta, Buenos Aires, near the down town. I suggest that service called ForRent Argentina: Buenos Aires apartments For Rent.
Becky

James said...

Traveling is fun specially when you are with your friends or family and here's a place where you could spend the day or night in Argentina.



Hostels in Rosario