Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good Sense

Well, my computer woes are still not sorted, so I'm still bringing you some of my pre-vacation outfits for the time being. But lookee here, this one's pretty exciting because it includes the replacements that I finally found for my beloved Noa Noa tights! These are from Danish manufacturer MP (who could very well produce Noa Noa's tights for all I know; they're quite similar in construction), and I found them at Sock Dreams.

I have to be honest, I didn't wear these shoes for the whole day. They are still terribly painful after a few hours' wear, so I took along my Fly London flats and swapped them out once these beauties became unbearable. I'm certain that these shoes could someday be comfy once they're broken in, but I fear that at my current rate of wear, that may never happen. At least this time I had the good sense not to wear them for the entire day, or it might have been another 9 months before I was brave enough to give them another try.

Dress, belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Shirt: La Redoute
Skirt: ??
Tights: MP
Shoes: Modern Vintage

11 comments:

gina said...

The polka dot skirt underneath is adorable and just makes the outfit. Love the tights.

WendyB said...

I'm going to echo Gina and say that the polka dots peeking out are just adorable.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love that skirt underneath and it is such a shame about the shoes - they look so comfortable.
Thanks for the tip about the Danish tights - I will give them a try.
Are you planning to join the Capsule Wardrobe Challenge again this year. It starts on Monday!

Sal said...

Man, what a drag about the computer. And do you think those shoes could be stretched by a cobbler? Would that help at all?

Work With What You've Got said...

I know I don’t comment very often, but I have to tell you, you are one of my top ten stylish people ever. I mean, I love every single thing you wear. I cannot think of anyone who has quite the knack for layering patterns and textures as you do, nor the instinct to know a good splurge when you see it. You are amazing head to toe every day. And I should say that more often.

Lorena said...

OMG I fell in love with that skirt peeping underneath your dress !
It looks fabulous.... you know for the shoes, you can try dampening newspaper and stuffing them, maybe they can stretch out a little .)

The Seeker said...

Oh love the polka dots peeking!!!

xoxo

Eyeliah said...

I am always showing outfits from a week back! It keeps me organized.

Audi said...

Jane: I think I'm in for the capsule challenge, especially since my broken toe has already limited my shoe selection for me!

Sal, Lorena: Yeah, I think stretching would probably do wonders for the shoes. They're just really tight and pinchy around the toe, so hopefully it won't be too much trouble to stretch them.

Erin (Work With What You've Got): You are a doll. Thank you for your kind words! xoxo

Connie A. said...

I love your blog! and all your skirts underneath dresses looks, but I am a petite and don't think that is a look I can pull off. Are any of your favorite blogs written by a petite gal, so I could see photos of outfits that would likely work for me? Thanks!

Audi said...

Connie A: Sorry for the ridiculously late reply, but I do finally have a recommendation for you! Check out this blog, written especially for petite ladies: http://serafinablog.com/petitefashion/