Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Capsule Wardrobe Challenge, Day 2

Here are those nice, roomy cowboy boots that are so kind to my ailing foot these days. I assure you that my swollen little cocktail weenie of a toe is lovingly encased and cradled, despite the boots' rugged and badass exterior.

I was surprised that several people at work asked me why I didn't just wear flip flops; for one thing, shouldn't it be obvious by now that I'd rather call in sick than come to work wearing something as tacky as flip flops? And then, did it not occur to anyone that the reason I smashed my toe in the first place is that I'm clumsy as all get out, and that wearing open toed shoes would be like issuing an invitation to all heavy or protruding objects to injure it further? These people really have their heads in the clouds most days.

Here is Day Two of the Capsule Wardrobe Challenge. I've now added 2 dresses, a pair of shoes, and a necklace into the mix, bringing me to 6 of the 10 allowable clothing items and 2 of the 5 maximum accessories. Stay tuned to see if I can make it to the end of the week without exceeding the limits!

Gray dress: Red Dress Shoppe
Ecru dress: Lady Language
Necklace: H&M
Boots: vintage

11 comments:

Mary said...

Those boots are GORGEOUS! Hope your foot's feeling better soon!

poet said...

Hum. My very elegant leather flip flops feel slightly insulted at being categorized as tacky... :) No, hope your toe will be better soon. The boots look great.

Greetings,
poet

Sheila said...

Ha, flip flops would never occur to me, awful things. Great outfit - I love those boots!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Flip flops - No!
The boots - yes, yes, yes!

Clair said...

I have slightly elegant flip flops too - oh well! Love that ecru dress though, so maybe there's some hope for me :)

Emily B. said...

You look fabulous - and I love the cowboy boots. At least you have two pairs of cute shoes to wear with your broken toe - when I broke my pinkie toe (twice in 3 weeks, I might add) the only things that fit were my hiking boots!

Stephanie N. said...

I'm with you on the flip-flops loathing. Looking forward to see how the rest of the Challenge goes for you.

Sal said...

I adore those boots. SO glad they're shielding your poor toe!

Make Do Style said...

Good work. I'm taking a peek at everyone's capsule wardrobe effort!

Eyeliah said...

This unforseen challenge has added some new spice to our look today, theis is really cute. It's funy to find inspiration out of these so called negative events. I bruise easy (also a clutz) so that can influence if I have to keep an area covered. Hope your toe is better soon.

ShopKim said...

I love this look! The green and cream is a great combo.