Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shockingly Simple

Here's another outfit that, compared with my usual looks, is shockingly simple: dress, shoes, and basic accessories. And like the one with the orange dress that I posted last week, you can see the horrid-looking sock marks from the outfit I had on before this. Damn those high resolution digital cameras.

This dress is busy enough that it can't really take too much accessorizing. Here I've paired it with just some solid splashes of green; the last time I wore it I had a tiny amount of pattern mixing at the hem, but I made sure not to introduce any other colors besides the red and blue.

Dress: Suzabelle
Brooch: vintage
Shoes: Gabriella Rocha

12 comments:

WendyB said...

Sock marks are evil! I have had some bad experiences.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I have missed your blog while I've been away. Great outfit today.

harbourmaster said...

That dress is fantastic! The fabric is making my eyes hurt but I can't stop staring at it...Love the green highlights.

doahleigh said...

That pin is adorable. What a great little accent.

Sal said...

Simple, but elegant - love it!

Lorena said...

I love this dress ! It looks marvelous on you and the green accents are just perfect !

karo said...

Fantastic dress!

Eyeliah said...

I am shocked, it's missing a belt AND a hat (heheh) this si a really cute look, simple can be good sometimes too. :-)

Deja Pseu said...

I love the retro styling of this dress! How clever of you to pair it with the green accessories.

wardrobeexperience said...

this dress is so beautiful! aaaand the shoes are fantstic, too!

xx

Karen said...

Totally refreshing to see you pared down! You're still you, but you're FRESH!

Valerie Reilly said...

Where are you? Update this. I love it. I go for the sexy library/aka Sarah Palin thing. Smoking body under dorkey grays and sweaters.
Slip on heels, take off glasses, and wow.
Cheers!
Val
www.valerieandtonic.blogspot.com