Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Introducing Libby Smith

I'd like to introduce you to my new friend, Libby Smith. Libby is one of the beautiful new shoe styles from John Fluevog, and she captivated me when I wandered into the Haight Street store a couple of weekends ago. Libby fills the wardrobe gap of "green, low-heeled boots" that I had been trying to fill for ages, and she's got just the sort of Victorian vibe to compliment so many of my current styling tendencies. I was particularly smitten with her navy blue buttons, which compliment the 2-tone olive green leather so beautifully. Libby, you are a most welcome addition to my wardrobe.

I slapped this outfit together in the morning before work, and in retrospect I feel like the tights were a bit much given the busy print of the shirt. But the weather was still chilly, and lacey olive tights were the best I could come up with on short notice. Whatevs; I never worry too much about such things because I never repeat outfits anyway. I had a reason to wear the new shoes, and that was good enough for me. However, I have mentally added non-patterned olive tights to my shopping list for the next time I place an order with Sock Dreams.

Vest: Steam Trunk
Shirt: La Redoute
Skirt: Noa Noa
Tights: Biella
Shoes: John Fluevog

13 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh, those are fab 'Vogs indeed. I love how they complement the patterned shirt. I don't find the tights too much at all - they help keep the eye traveling up and down and down and up.

Ashe Mischief said...

They're much more beautiful "in person" than on the site! I wish I had more reason to wear olive in my wardorbe, as those are really stunning boots... though the black & white may make it home with me...

Deja Pseu said...

Ooh, love those! If I wore skirts more often, I'd definitely be off to try them on.

I'm also really liking this color combo, and the print on the blouse.

Brittney said...

Oh dear! I mjust might need to spring for a pair of Fluevogs like these, they're so cute!

And really, doesn't having a cool name make everything better? I just bought the neatest Ogio purse named Mildred mostly because it was named "Mildred"!

notSupermum said...

They're very 'you' Audi, love the colours and the button detail.

meegiemoo said...

I'm wearing those boots in my latest blog post too! Aren't they totally awesome? I'm saving up for Xie-xie as well.

terrarustica said...

Love the outfit! Those Biellla tights are to die for!!!

Do you still order from La Redoute? If so, how ... I thought their US site closed down about a year ago?

Lorena said...

L O V E those shoes!!!!!

Sal said...

They're GORGEOUS! And so very Audi.

eednic said...

those boots are awesome indeed!

Audi said...

Brittney: I know, right? I love how these have a first AND last name. Very civilized.

Meegiemoo: You got them in olive too, I see. Mr. Fluevog is going to have a lot more of my dollars before long, I have no doubt -- these new styles are killing me with their cuteness.

Terrarustica: No, I haven't ordered from La Redoute in quite some time. You can still order from the French site, though I've done it before and found it troublesome because it was too much effort to try to return stuff.

Karen said...

Those are so cute. They remind me of SF with all its Painted Ladies. I love em!

PS--Kismet? my word verification is "fougg." See, even blogger thinks the flues are very SF.

kristophine said...

I drooled over those boots, but they aren't budget-friendly for me; I'm glad to see at least one pair went to a good home, where I'll see them from time to time. They look amazing with that vest!