Monday, July 6, 2009

Corset Top

I hope all my friends in the US had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. If you'd like to see a little of what I was up to, take a peek in the Etsy shop. Some more of Mark's amazing creations will be posted soon; he's been very busy as well, and has crafted some real masterpieces.

I originally bought this top specifically to wear underneath my Dark Garden corset, but since I have yet to wear the corset (which I don't even have a good excuse for), the top has hung in the closet unworn as well. It wasn't until I pulled it out to use for modeling some of Mark's belts for the shop that I was inspired to wear it to work. Putting it over this ecru dress seemed like a perfect way to downplay all the lace and make it more office-appropriate. The skirt added just the right amount of length to the hemline, while I offset all the girlieness of the lace and pink by adding plenty of skulls.

Top: Dark Garden
Dress: Lady Language
Skull scarf: Duke et Duchess
Belt: Audra Jean
Skirt: Lemon Twist
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Bata
Skull bracelet: Betsy Johnson

4 comments:

Marie Lemondrop said...

That belt is beautiful! Just marked it as a favorite and am putting it on my need to buy list. Looks great with the boots!

Sal said...

Love it! And I'm wearing my AudraJean belt today, too ... photos to come.

The Thrifty Stylist said...

skulls and pink are always perfect :) nice new items in the shop!

Love Lingerie said...

It should be noted that designer swimwear has been specifically designed not only to make women look feminine, sophisticated, and beautiful, but also to make them feel comfortable about themselves and their body while basking under the sun.
Thanks for sharing!