Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Unexpected

I really love the vibrant and unexpected combination of purple and teal. With this outfit I decided to go for a colorblock effect, thus I used only solid-color pieces. The gray dress makes a nice neutral backdrop for the saturated colors and keeps them from sitting right next to each other. If it were a little cooler I could've added my cheeky peacock feather hat to strengthen the color combo, but spring isn't really a good time for thick felt hats, I'm afraid.

This cardigan is really versatile with its long flowing wings that can be tied in any number of interesting configurations. It was a real workhorse when I was traveling in Paris and Iceland last year, though oddly enough I haven't worn it all that much since I've been back.

Cardigan: S
Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
Leggings: Sock Dreams
Boots: Fly London

8 comments:

mamalgosia said...

colour of the cardigan is absolutely gorgeous :D

Biurowa said...

Nice dress :)

notSupermum said...

Whoa! I think this is the first outfit I've seen you in that doesn't have at least one pattern going on!

Sal said...

I have got to start shopping at The Red Dress Shoppe ... I love these colors, but the cowl neck dress with the button detail is killing me!

Kendra said...

I agree, the color combo is fabulous!

BTW, I have almost the exact same cardigan in teal, I just wore it last week :) Soo comfy!

Kasmira said...

I like the focus on the color combo, rather than pattern. It's very pretty!

TheLuxuriousVagabond said...

just came across your site...your outfits are amazing! you have such a distinct pose in your photos, too. It's great to see how your paired the cardigan; I'm just about to sew one like it.

The Thrifty Stylist said...

purple and teal are my two favorite colors! (since black isn't tecnically a color). looks great! i want that cardigan!